"I have to get Brandon home."
"I'm sure little Brandon can wait. Please. All I'm asking is for you to stay for a little while."

I sighed and turned and walked into the living room. I really want to go but I now Duke isn't going to move out of my way and that's the only exit there is. I sat on the couch and sat Brandon beside me.

Duke and Darren entered. Darren gave me an apologetic look as Duke took a seat on my opposite side. Darren sat in an armchair.

"So Hayden." Duke started. "Have you ever considered selling drugs?"
I scoffed. Is he being serious right now? I have a child and I'm in high school Also, selling drugs is illegal.

"No. I'm leaving. I don't want my son taking in all of this nonsense."

I was about to pick up Brandon but Duke's hand on my thigh stopped me. I stared at it and I moved my thigh.

"Sorry." He apologized, quickly moving his hand. "Stay. I just want to talk. I apologize if I crossed a line."

I reluctantly sat back down. I kept Brandon close to me, not trusting Duke. He folded his hands in his lap and smiled at me.

"So when was the last time you spoke to Drake?" Duke asked me.

"Yesterday I had dinner with him and his girlfriend."

"He has a girlfriend? What happened to the two of you getting back together?"
"That's never going to happen. Drake and I simply get along for the sake of Brandon."

"Oh. Well I guess my source was wrong. I'd heard that Drake was falling for you again. But I guess I was wrong."
Who could've thought that Drake and I were getting back together? There were no signs of that anywhere. What does it matter? Drake is happy with his girlfriend now.

"You're very wrong. Now can I please leave?"

I stood up and grabbed Brandon. I headed to the door. I was in the kitchen when Duke stepped in front of me, blocking my path.

"What are you doing? Move." I said.

"No. You're staying here." He said, looking hostile.

"Duke, let her go." Darren said, coming into the room. "Don't bring her and Brandon into this."

"I'll bring in anyone I want. I'm the boss." He looked at me. "Call Drake and tell him you're coming to pick him up. If he refuses, I want you to drag him out."

"But..."

"Just do it!"
Darren gave me an apologetic look before leaving. Now I'm here alone with Duke. I feel even more unsafe without Darren here. What is Duke going to do to me?

"Please, take a seat." Duke ordered. I sat at the dining room table and sat Brandon on my lap. "Now tell me. How old are you?"
"17." I quickly answered.

"So young." His eyes traveled my body and I felt very uncomfortable.

His eyes stopped on Brandon and I held him close to me, not knowing what Duke was going to do.

"And how old is your son, Brandon?"
"He's 15 months."

"So just over a year old." I nodded. "Wow. I don't know how Drake can handle that kid. He looks like a handful."
Did he really just say that? It was like he was saying that only Brandon is a handful. Any child is a handful. They require constant attention. How dare he say that about Brandon?

Drake's P.O.V*

I got to the front of my apartment and was about to head up when Darren walked up with an urgent look on his face.