Chapter Five: Ambushed

Lilac: Let me go! *she attempts to fire beams at Eggman but since she was still blind she completely missed*
Eggman: Wow is that all you got?
Sonic: Get back here Eggman!
*Tails then flys over to Lilac's aid*
Eggman: Not happening! *he then pushes a button that makes metal sonic appear, knocking Tails out of the air.*
Sonic: Tails! *Sonic then rushes behind to help Tails* You ok buddy?
Tails: Yeah, I'm ok.
*Then they both run back catching up to Eggman*
Eggman: Ugh! Don't you ever give up?!
Sonic: No, do you?
Eggman: Grrr...
*Amy then gathers all of her strength and throws her hammer at Eggman's ship getting a direct hit. Eggman's ship then starts to slow down and then crashes into a nearby field*
Eggman: Gah! I'm not giving up without a fight! *he then pushes a button on his chest revealing a jet pack taking him midair holding Lilac by the neck* I'll leave you all to play with Metal, toodles!
*Eggman then flys off and as the gang try to pursue Eggman Metal Sonic appears pushing them all back*
Sonic: Look guys! It's my evil opposite! *he say exaggerated*
Amy: Stop fooling around Sonic and go after Eggman!
Sonic: Ok geez!
Tails: I'll come with you!
*Sonic and Tails then rush after Eggman and then just when Metal Sonic try's to go after them Shadow then blocks his path*
Shadow: If you wanna go after them you're going to have to go through me.
*Metal Sonic gladly accepts the challenge and then tackles Shadow*
Amy: Come on Knuckles! We gotta help him!
Knuckles: You got it!

Meanwhile....

*Eggman finally arrives at his base and drops Lilac collapsing onto the ground as she try's to gather her breath*
Eggman: You know this would be a lot easier if you just give up.
Lilac: No...way....
Eggman: I thought so.. *he then grabs her by the arm and pulls her into to the lab*
*Sonic and Tails then arrive shortly after noticing the high security around Eggman's base*
Sonic: Well it looks like the back door is open. *He points to the back door unguarded* Should we sneak in through there?
Tails: Yeah, I guess..

Eggman: Now before we begin, mind telling me how to release the the monster inside the crystal or should I say inside of you?
Lilac: ...*she then silently starts to cry*
*Sonic and Tails then secretly sneak into the lab hearing the discussion*
Lilac: *she notices Sonic and Tails hidden behind Eggman and decides to stay silent
Eggman: Meh, it doesn't matter if you tell me or not. *He then pulls out a remote*
Sonic: Sorry but mind handling that over? *he then knocks the remote out of Eggman's hand and smashes it into pieces*
Eggman: Oh no, I am defeated...*he then starts to chuckle*
Tails: What's so funny?
Eggman: Idiots, did you really think that it would be that easy?
*Tails then looks to his right seeing Orbot and Cubot waving the real controller with dozens of robots behind them*
Sonic: Well crud...