You gave him a small, nervous smile. "Well don't." He said, pulling away from your grasp, starting to run towards the church. You stood there with your hand slightly extending where it used to hold Credence's arm. Your eyes filled with tears as you watched him run away from you.

When Credence got back to the church he went up to his room quietly so he wouldn't get noticed. He laid, curled up on his bed, surrounded by his thoughts. He couldn't believe what you had said to him. "I love you." It played over and over in his head. Did you mean it? Did he love you too? But he quickly wiped these thoughts away. You deserved much better than him and all the baggage he came with. You deserved a strong man, someone who can protect you. He fell asleep with those bitter thoughts.

You walked home crying. Your tears where cold down your rosy cheeks. You finally got home and went straight to your bed, crying yourself to sleep.

The next day you woke up early and headed off to work. The last thing you wanted to do was work, but you couldn't afford to take the day off. So you trudged to work. You didn't try to look for Credence that day. You thought you should back away and hope he would come to you when he was ready.

When got off of work it was time for dinner, so you decided you were going to make some soup. It was a dreary, rainy day, which didn't help your mood. And you had totally forgotten an umbrella, so you had to walk home in the rain.

Once you got to your apartment you were soaked. You quickly changed so you wouldn't get a cold.

You started to make the soup. When you were cutting up vegetables you started to think of how much fun it would be if Credence was here to help you make the soup. Your eyes started to well up with tears. You quickly wiped them away and got yourself together.

After you finished the soup you, filled up a bowl and sat at your small kitchen table. You sat with your head bowed. You didn't feel like eating. You looked up at the chair in front of you and began to cry. You sobbed as you stared at where Credence had sat only a few days ago. You sat there crying for a few minutes when you decided you had to see him. You couldn't just let go of something that made your lonely life so great. You left the steaming bowl of soup on the table, grabbed your coat and your umbrella, and left your apartment in search for your only friend.

It was still pouring rain when you left your apartment, but you didn't care. You searched for Credence, walking up and down the streets. You were about to give up when you saw him in the distance. He was handing out flyers in the pouring rain. He didn't have a coat or an umbrella. You quickly made your way to him. He was staring at his feet when he noticed two feet stop in front of him. The rain had stopped peacefully hitting him when your umbrella was over you both. He slowly raised his head to see your sweet face. Your eyes and nose were red from crying. You managed to give him a small smile.

You looked into each others sad eyes, trying to figure out what to say. "Credence, I can't do this without you. You've brought so much happiness into my life these passed few weeks." You said nervously, "Before I met you I was lonely and I didn't have any friends." You weren't looking at him in the eye, you couldn't bring yourself to do it. You were embarrassed to admit all of these things to him. But he was looking at you. He couldn't understand why he meant so much to you. How could he bring you happiness when he himself was so sad. After you had finished admitting everything you stood there with your head bowed. Credence took a step closer to you as the rain poured down and the people rushed by you.

"Y/N, you have helped me more then you know." He said quietly, head bowed as well. "But you deserve better than me. You deserve someone strong, someone kind, someone who can be there for you." The words broke your heart. You looked up at him, his head was still bowed. You slowly lifted his chin and his eyes met yours. You looked at him with broken eyes and said, "Credence, you are kind and you are strong. You have made it through so much." He looked at you and slightly nodded, looking down again. "When you said you loved me-" He started. "did you mean it?" He partially raised his head. "Of course." You said quietly, raising your head also.

You looked into each others eyes, both taking a step forward. You put your hand on his neck, your eyes never leaving his. "C-Can I kiss you?" He whispered. You smiled, leaning forward on you toes. Your lips touched softly his. Credence's shaking hand went to your waist. You pulled away slowly, looking into his eyes. You both blushed and smiled. You went back in for a tight hug. With one arm around his neck and one holding the umbrella, you stood there for a while, hugging.

When you pulled away you looked up at him and said, "Don't leave me like that again. I don't know what I would do without you." He nodded and half smiled. He couldn't believe someone cared about him that much.

You left him your umbrella. Credence stood there as he watched you walk away. You had to walk home in the rain, but you didn't mind. He had just kissed you and you both couldn't believe it and both of you couldn't stop smiling.