part twelve (2), home.

Start from the beginning

My mother hung up my lights around the room and lit some of my favorite scented candles. I put my suitcase on the bed and started to put my clothes in my dresser. Once finished, I grabbed some extra bedding from the closet and made my bed, and then laid down with one of my books.

I was alerted awake by my brother jumping on me, my heart racing. I sat up quickly ready to punch someone in the face. My brother laid there laughing at me, I playfully pushed him off the bed, he hit the floor with a loud thud.

"Hey that wasn't very nice Lena" he said through a laugh.

"Neither was jumping on me while I was sleeping"

I sat fully in an up right position, as my brother got up and sat at the edge of my bed,

"I've really missed you"

I smiled at his words,

"I missed you too, so how's school going? How are you liking 7th grade?"

He shrugged slightly,

"It's alright, you know I've never been the one to like school very much, that was always you"

I nodded, agreeing with him.

He continued, "So you and Callum Parker huh?"

My mouth dropped, shocked at his words. How did he know?

"How..how did you know about me and Cal?"

He got a mischievous grin on his face,

"Ohhh so it's Cal to you"

I blushed immediately, but I wasn't going to let him slide,

"How did you find out?"

"Well it's all over the internet...and in the tabloids, I'm a big kid now I don't live under a rock"

I laughed, that was very true. He has grown up so much.

I jumped off the bed,

"Come on let's see what mom and dad are up to"

My family and I ended up taking a walk along the beach boardwalk, and through our little downtown area. It was rather chilly, but the sun was shining so it was tolerable. We had a nice time just catching up and stopping at some of our favorite little shops along the main strip. It wasn't a surprise we ran into some familiar faces, it was such a small town.

We decided to sit down and have a late lunch at capsized café. As we were eating our food, I gazed at the table of my family and relished in the moment. My father and brother were trying to play pranks on each other, while my mother was desperately trying to get them to stop, failing miserably and getting caught in the cross fire. My brother accidentally flung a wet balled up straw wrapper at mom, and she looked like she was going to be angry. My brother covered his mouth and winced slightly expecting her to yell, but she ended up laughing instead.

I joined in the laughter and smiled. I missed being around them so much, it was so nice to get away from the big city and relax in this remote place I called home. I missed the small town, the friendly people, but the water especially. The breeze I felt coming off the water when we were walking earlier made me feel at peace, like I had no worries in the world.

I began to eat my food realizing how much I had zoned out. The bell on the door chimed alerting people were walking through, I adverted my gaze and saw a group of younger girls, probably just a couple years younger than me. They were huddled together and laughing, I then noticed one of the girls spotted me. Her eyes went wide and she nudged the girls next to her, suddenly all of their eyes were on me. They began to whisper to each other and ignore it, until I caught only a few words as they walked by,