part eleven (2), the charity ball.

I hand my coat to a gentleman at the door dressed in all black, and thanked him. He greeted Cal, before taking his coat.

"Good Evening Mr. Parker"

Cal acknowledged him with a nod.

Cal gestured his arm towards me, I hesitantly grabbed it as he leads me through the lobby towards the elevator. The charity ball was being held in the large banquet hall on the top floor of Parker Inc. Cal and I were towards the back with our backs against the wall. With each floor we passed I became more and more sick to my stomach. I smoothed out my dress, trying to calm myself down and drying the sweat off my palms. It didn't help everyone in the elevator acknowledged Cal and shook his hand, while eyeing me up questionably.

Cal squeezed my waist and whispered down at my level, sensing my nerves,

"Breath love"

I let out a shaking breath and focused on the floor's changing above the elevator doors.

15..16..17..18..19..20..the doors opened.

The crowd started to funnel out of the doors, As Cal guided me into the banquet hall I saw large windows reaching from the base of the floor to what looked like 14 feet. Deep velvet red curtains draped on either sides of each. The floor was white crisp marble, with speckles of gold accenting the white walls and gold trim, while three large crystal chandeliers hang in a row down the length of the room.

White clothed tables adorned the far wall away from the windows, platters of food were laid out on top of them leaving zero room for any more. Large round tables were strategically placed on the far end of the room in front of what looks like a podium. Men and women in evening gowns and tuxes were scattered around the room getting served champagne on gold trays from waiters dressed in all white.

As Cal guides me through the room, people part our way, acknowledging Cal with nods and
"Good evening Mr Parker"

Cal shakes a few hands and thanks them for being here. I stand alongside him, patiently. Cal never let me feel out of place, as he would greet people and exchange small talk he'd always keep me involved. He'd keep me close, smile down at me every once in awhile, or apologize when yet another person would approach him.

As Cal was talking with one of his associates I glanced past him and noticed what I think are Cal's parents. An older gentleman with dark features like Cal's was standing near a table in the front of the podium, with a woman on his side. They were speaking to a group of people gathered around them. The older gentleman had dark hair with some grey, with an all black tailored suit. The older woman he was with had chocolate brown hair, and wore a dark navy gown with rhinestones embellishing the upper half. I saw the woman look in our direction and then nudge the gentleman next to her. All of a sudden both of them peered over at Cal and I, making eye contact with me.

I instantly advert my eyes and give my attention to Cal, he was still enthralled in conversation with a few guests. I glance back at the man and woman, they were excusing themselves from the group and slowly making there way towards us. I grab Cal's hand and his attention his instantly on me, he looks down at my hand and then looks into my eyes. He could probably sense my uneasiness, because he soon looked behind me and I saw a glimmer of recognition in his eyes.

He smiled down at me, and then excused himself and I from the group. He turned me around and the couple was standing a mere couple of feet away. He let go of my hand and shook hands with the gentleman, and then hugged him.

The gentleman said, "Hello son". They were his parents, and even though I had a feeling a few minutes ago, I was still a nervous wreck.

Cal then hugged his mother, she kissed him on the cheek and smiled. Cal then turned towards me and nudged his head, gesturing me to come over. I smiled and made my way towards Cal's side, he placed his right hand on my lower back.