A Bit of Hope.

Jeff's POV

It was night time at 6 p.m. I was holding my head down hoping for this night to end. Every night I cried. Every night the horrors came. My real terror starts at midnight.

'Liu.' I remembered the night. It replays over and over.

"Mom, dad, Liu...I'm so sorry." I finally started crying. After hours it became midnight and I started throwing everything.

"Someone...p-please come. S-save m-m-me from t-this p-pain..." I said softly between sobs. It's like someone heard me cause the door swing open.

Emily's POV

I was in my room waiting for midnight, I then heard a crash. Right on cue. I quietly went out of my room and quickly went in front of Jeff's door. I then heard him say: Please save me.

I went in his room, I quickly closed the door, run up to him and then hugged him. I held him tight. 'I can feel it. The pain and suffering he's been through.'

I caressed his hair while I cooed to ease him.

Jeff's POV

I saw someone run up and hugged me. I can tell it's a girl. 'Sally? No, she's too small. She seems to be a teenager.' She then tighten her hug. I saw her hair and it was blue. 'Blue?...Emily.'

I wanted to push her away but I can't. I need someone with me and I don't care who. She then caressed my hair and cooed out words like: It's okay. or I'm here.

Her cooing help me feel at ease. I then hugged her back and placed my head on her chest. I feel safe now. The memories aren't coming back.

"Why?...Why are you doing this. Are you pitying me?"

"Jeff, I'm your guardian angel. I will always be there for you."

"Why? After all I did to you. Why?"

"Jeff, no matter what you do to me. I will always be there for you and I will never hate you."

"Is there something in return if you succeed?"

"If I succeed the mission then you will have one wish."

"How about you?" Emily then flashed me a smile but it seems a little bit off.

"I will continue to protect you like the rest but you'll never see me again."

'Never see her again?' Emily then pulled back a little so we could face each other.

"Jeff, I will not leave this place until I teach you that the world is not all that bad."

"The world is a piece of crap."

"There are some things in this world that is worth. Not everything is bad."

"We'll see..." I said a little unsure. Emily then chuckled. I looked at her with confusion.

"You've finally accepted me. That is good progress. Jeff, will you be my friend?"

I thought of it for a while. 'It might not be so bad. I think I can trust her. I need someone to help me get through the night and Emily is the best choice.'

"I guess I could have you as a friend."

"It's late. I bet you're tired." Emily inquired. I just nodded.

3rd person POV

Jeff looked at his bed and his heart dropped.

'I'm gonna have a rough night.' Jeff thought.

Emily felt Jeff's disappointment and laughed softly. Luckily, Jeff didn't hear.

"Wanna sleep in my room?" Emily offered.

"What about you?" Jeff asked with concern. Emily smiled. 'He dosen't notice it but he's beginning to open up.' Emily thought.

"I never slept on the bed and it is a nice bed. It would be a shame if it's not used." Emily said.

"You can't sleep?" Jeff asked.

"It's not that I can't sleep. It's more like I don't need to." Emily explained.

Jeff got his sleeping mask on the ground and went with Emily to her room quietly.

"Do you want me to leave?" Emily asked with consideration. Jeff then quickly grab hold of Emily's arm. Emily just smiled.

"Jeff, you need to tell me what you want. I'm not Slendy, so I can't read your mind." Emily explained.

"But, you seemed to always know how I feel." Jeff said complained softly.

"I read hearts not minds." Emily corrected.

"I guess that makes more sense. ...I-I want y-you t-to stay.." Jeff said while he turned his head away.

Jeff's POV

I saw Emily smiled. She sat on the bed and I lay my head on her lap. 'I got to admit that her lap is comfortable.' I was about to sleep when a vision of Liu is staring at me.

I guess Emily felt my fear cause she started singing. Her voice was so angelic. 'Her voice is beautiful.' I then drifted to darkness.

Emily's POV

I felt Jeff's heart filled with fear so I sang a lullaby that my mother used to sing to me. Jeff's heart finally relaxed and I watch him drift to sleep. I lowered my voice down little by little so that he won't wake up by the sudden stop of my voice.

'This is going to be a short night since it's only 1 a.m.'

I watched him sleep to pass the time. It was cute seeing him like this.

"I...like...you..Em...ily..." Jeff mumbled in his sleep.

I can feel his heart being lighter. 'I guess being with me lift some of his burdens..for now.'

'This is taking a while. I wonder if I could talk to my subconscious to pass the time.'

'No need to pass the time, darling. It's already morning and lover boy here is starting to wake up.'

I looked at the clock and saw it was 6. 'Wow, I shoudn't have underestimated time.'

Jeff then lifts his eye mask and stared at me.

Jeff's POV

I woke up laying on something comfortable. 'Damn, that was the best sleep I have ever since I became insane.'

I took my eye mask off and saw Emily on top of me. Wait, no. I'm laying on her lap. I just stared.

'What the hell!? Why is she here and why am I laying on her lap?'

I then remembered what happened last night. The guilt, the pain, Emily and the song. After remembering that, I blushed. I can feel my face being a bright red.

'Shit! I have pale skin. It's very noticeable now.'

Emily smiled and caressed my hair.

"No need to be embarrassed." She cooed.

I sat up and faced her. I stared for a while until I gave her a hug. She pulled away slightly and looked into my eyes.

"You can trust them, Jeff. The C.P.s are just caring for you. I promise you that once you accept them to be your family. You'll never regret it."