Dream

You sat down at the kitchen table, which was only big enough to seat four people. The food had already been set down and your parents were just sitting down. You saw that it was (y/fav/food). You started to get excited but remembered about the news and your stomach turned, causing you to lose your appetite. You still set your plate so your parents don't ask what's wrong.

As they started eating, you tried but you felt even worse. You ate a few bites and started to fidget with your food. After a few minutes, your mother took notice.

"Sweetheart, is something bothering you?" She asked you, turning her head to look at you.

You stayed silent and continued to fidget with your food.

"(Y/N)?" Your dad said, "Your mother is talking to you,"

You look up at them, tears forming in your eyes, "I-It's about the d-doctor's today...."

"Did they hurt you?!" Your father exclaimed, "If they hurt you sweetheart, we'll-"

"No, dad, they didn't hurt me. It's what they told me," You look down again.

"Baby, just tell us," You mother placed her hand on your shoulder, "We can take it."

You hesitate, not sure how to word it.

"I-I-I...." You stutter and take a deep breath, "I have cancer...."

The room suddenly went dead quiet. Nothing was said for what felt like an eternity.

Your dad was the one who broke the silence, "D-Do you know how bad?"

You gulped, "S-She said it was Stage IV, and told me where the closest cancer treatment center is,"

"Where is it?! We'll set up an appointment as soon as possible!"

You tell them that it's about 10 miles away and everything the doctor had told you. You excused yourself when you had said everything and your parents were talking. You hadn't touched your plate after the first few bites, so you threw the food away and rinsed your plate before heading upstairs.

When you entered your room, you shut the door and crawled onto your bed. You were tired from all of this hitting you in one day and you wanted nothing more than to sleep. You curl up under your (f/c) blanket and close your eyes to fall asleep.

~Dream~

You look around, not knowing where you are. You see a Ferris Wheel, a big tent, roller coasters and stands everywhere. You realize you're in a carnival. But everything is dark and dusty, as if no one has used it in years. You start to walk around, wondering when the carnival will come back to your own home. Walking past the booths, you see the different games that were meant to be played and different foods that were meant to be eaten.

You walked over to the Ferris Wheel, and look at the control panel, wondering if it had power. A tune started to fill the air, and making the carnival seem alive. It sounded just like what should be played in a place like this. You turn around and see that the food booths were filled with hot food and the games were lit up, waiting to be played.

You smiled, and quickly ran over to the booths, playing the ring toss, shooting basketballs, popping balloons with darts. With the ring toss, you had landed on a bottle that was meant to have a prize given. Happy, you didn't mind that there was no prizes, but you would've gotten one if there had been. You turn around to go play something else when you heard a ting of one of the bottles. Looking back to the booth, you see a small white teddy bear, not a bit of dirt on it anywhere.

You slowly pick up the bear and look around, trying to find who's doing this. You think to yourself, 'It's probably just me, since this is a dream.' You hug the bear with a smile on your face and continue to walk around.

You come back to the Ferris Wheel, seeing that it's on now. You climb into the bottom car and as soon as you're comfortable, it starts to move. You look at the control panel and see a tall, white clown. You blink and suddenly it's gone. Shrugging, you assume it's just apart of your dream.

You stay on the Ferris wheel for a while and when you want to get off, it stops when it's back to it's original starting point. You leave the Ferris Wheel car and start walking to the Big Top. Entering the tent, you see a giant circle stage surrounded by hundreds of seats. Walking through the seats, you observe ever little detail about the tent. The seats were thick plastic and blue, but it was cushioned slightly. The stage had a dirt bottom with it being surrounded on the edges with a metal fence.

~Dream end~

Just as the lights on the stage lite up, you wake up with the sun in your face.