Discovery

"(Y/N), please sit down," your doctor has said to you when you entered the office, her voice filled with concern.

You sat down in one of the soft chairs in front of his desk. You noticed her I tone and was worried. You started to mess with the hem of your shirt, wondering what he would say. You had come into her office for some pain you felt in your chest and your chest had started getting some sort of rash on it. It was red and scaly, and it looked like the skin of an orange.

"There's no easy way to put this, (Y/N), so I'm afraid I'll have to be blunt about it."

You looked her in the eyes as she said, "You have breast cancer."

You felt dizzy, like you were going to pass out. You looked down at your (f/c) shoes and thought, Breast cancer? How?

"You're probably thinking 'How did I get this? How bad is it? How long have I had it?' I'll answer any questions you have to the best of my ability and recommend you to a specialist."

You continued to look down, tears in your eyes. You asked her every question imaginable about it. You found out that it was stage IV and it's pretty serious. She says with chemo, drugs, and surgery, you may survive but there's only a 22% chance. She recommended you to a Cancer Treatment Center of America, about 10 miles from where you live. She told you that she doesn't think you'll live more than a few months, being so young and the treatment so aggressive.

When she couldn't answer anymore questions, you got up and slowly went out the door, silently crying.

You didn't know what to do. You didn't want to go home and have to tell your parents that their only child, the only one they could have together, might die in just a matter of months.

Instead of driving home, you drove to the park, right in front of the forest that people claim is haunted. You always loved this place, ever since you were a kid. It was quiet and beautiful. It was a bit rusty and dirty from the lack of kids but you didn't mind. You thought it gave it a sort of unique look.