Memory

You pull up to your house, slowly got out of the car and made your way up to the door and into the house. You had a small house, compared to most. It was a two story with only 3 bedrooms; yours, your parents, and a guest room. It had a a kitchen with modern appliances, and a snug family room.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?" You heard your mother call out from the kitchen.

"Y-Yeah mom!" You shouted back to her.

"What took so long? How was the doctor's? Did they find out what's wrong?" Your dad started climbing down the stairs to come and greet you.

"U-Uh, I'll tell you after dinner, okay?" You smiled at your dad as he came up to you.

"Alright?" He gave you a weird look but went into the kitchen to help your mother.

"Go get washed up (Y/N), dinner's almost ready," your mother said to you as you walked past.

You nod and head upstairs to your bathroom. There was one downstairs, but you wanted to use your own in case you started to cry. As you walked to the bathroom, you admired all the pictures on the walls. They were of you and your family. So many pictures of when you were a little girl. You start to tear up when you think about 6th birthday.

~flashback~

You were running around in you favorite pink dress, being chased by your best friend at the time. You were laughing, having the time of your life. Your dad had called you and everyone at the party up to cut the cake. When the word 'cake' was said, all the kids quickly scrambled over to the table, where the cake in the shape of a princess sat with a number 6 candle rested on top of it.

You felt yourself get all giddy as you sat in front of the cake, waiting for everyone to finish singing. You blew out the candles and wished that this day would never end. As they cut the cake and handed everyone a piece, you mother announced it was time to open presents. You were handed boxes and bags filled with toys and candy. As you got to the last one, it was different than the rest.

It was a small box, and it felt really soft. It had a pink bow on it. Curious, you opened it up, looking at what was inside. Your eyes go wide as you see that in the box, was a silver necklace. The chain was long and the pendant a heart locket. You hear your parents chuckle and you look up at them. Your mother goes behind you and takes the necklace out of the box and puts it on you.

She opens the pendant and reveals there's two pictures inside. The left side was a picture of your mom and dad, looking happy. The right side was a picture of the 3 of you together. You were so happy about this gift, you didn't take it off for the rest of the day, or when you went to sleep. The only time you took it off was when you were in the bath, because you were afraid it would break and fall down the drain.

~flashback end~

You wore the necklace for 3 years straight, because you loved it so much. Eventually, you started to take if on and off as you grew older, becoming less and less interested in it. When you turned 13, you just let it tarnish and grow dust in your jewelry box.

When you had washed your hands, you went into that box and searched for the necklace. When you found it, you put it on, holding onto the pendant. You walked downstairs to have dinner with your family, and tell them the news you that was given to you hours ago.