Chapter Six

"I'm getting submarine sick," Paul said, face contorting into a nauseous grimace.

    "Here," Old Fred said, hold a green apple out to Paul. "Have an apple."

    "Eating is the last thing I feel like doing," Paul said, eyeing the apple suspiciously.

    "They're supposed help with motion sickness," Old Fred said while shrugging.

    "Are we there yet?" John groaned.

    "Almost," Old Fred replied.

    "Where are we going anyway?" Ringo asked.

    Jeremy started hopping as if he just couldn't contain his excitement, and he probably couldn't. "The Foothills of the Headlines."

    Paul rubbed his forehead. "What are we supposed to get again?"

    "Pepper!" Jeremy exclaimed happily.

    "This is going to be a sneeze fest," John grumbled.

    "We're here!" Old Fred yelled.

    No one said anything.

    He sighed. "I can tell you're all terribly excited, but please try to contain yourselves."

    "We'll try," Ringo said dryly as Jeremy started to climb up the ladder quite gleefully.

    "Now, why is he so happy?" John asked as they began to follow him up the ladder.

    "He's always happy," Ringo said, right behind Jeremy.

    They came up through the hatch and all stared the Headlines for a few moments. They were surrounded by colorful heads that had things like "yes" and "no" written on them. The brightness of the place was kind of making Ringo's eyes hurt.

    "It's exactly how I remember it," John said flatly.

    "This way to the pepper!" Jeremy cried, hopping off. They continued to follow him for a while before they made it to the pepper, which was scattered on the ground everywhere.

    "How are we going to— " John's face scrunched up. "Ah . . . ah . . . ah . . . choo!" He sneezed on Paul.

    "John!" Paul cried. "That is disgusting! Now I have your snot all over my new sweater— Ah . . . ah . . . ah . . . choo!" Then Paul sneezed on Ringo, who didn't say anything, just scowled at the two of them.

    "As I was saying before I sneezed all over Paul— how are we going to collect it?" John asked.

    "Hmm," Old Fred hummed thoughtfully. "What about your typewriter, Jeremy?"

    "Ah, yes!" Jeremy said and then pulled his typewriter out of nowhere. Ringo's eyebrows knitted together. Had he been keeping it in his fur somewhere? The typewriter then turned into a vacuum and sucked up the pepper. Jeremy joyfully put it in a jar and handed it Paul, who studied it carefully.

    "Well, that was easy," John said, and then proceeded to sneeze on Ringo.

    "Don't jinx us, John," Paul sniffled before sneezing on Ringo as well.

    "Will. You. Stop. Sneezing. On. Me?!?" Ringo screamed, voice echoing through the Headlines.

    John and Paul regarded him as if he was overreacting. John said, "Jeez, Rings, no need to get mad."

    "Yeah," Paul agreed. "What's wrong with you?"

    "Nothing was wrong with me until you both sneezed all over me!"