Chapter 6: Stay Safe

I run as fast as I can. Will they catch me? Will they kill me? I don't have enough time to think like that. I just keep running. I am still running fast so I look back. I can't see where I'm going so I bump into a huge rock and black out.

A snowman, talking. I scream. He screams. I sit up, my head still a bit dizzy. "Hi?" I say trying not to scream again. "Who are you," I ask. He looks confused. "My name is Olaf," he says,"and I like warm hugs." Oh. "Olaf," I say, I must have said it out loud because he nods like its obvious. "And... Who am I?" I ask. He laughs. I didn't think it was that funny. But I start laughing too because it must've been. "Oh Ella, you crack me up," he says still laughing. "Ella, that's my name?" he still laughs. Am I supposed to know my name or something. "Is he crazy," I think. And then it clicks.

"Oh, hey Olaf," I say finally remembering. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah, I think I hit a rock." He laughs,"duh, of course you did, I saw you." I give a light chuckle. Olaf. Did he follow me. More like stalked me. "Olaf, you should probably go," I say feeling ashamed. "But I just got here." He does make a statement, he did try to keep me safe by following me. "You just can't tell people where I am. I want to be alone. I'm a monster," I tell him. "No, you're just...Different," he says. Different. "I'm a bad different," I say. "No, you're just your own different," he tells me," accept yourself for who you are." I know he's right but I just can't do that. "No, just...just go Olaf, please." He shakes his head. "I will leave you alone, but I won't go back until you do." I guess that's okay. He walks down. I think he is staying about 1/4 of the way down the mountain, that's okay. As long as he leaves me alone.

-----THE NEXT MORNING----

Anna's POV

I cry for my lost daughter. She is gone. We are searching for her, every last person. We found her missing yesterday. She wasn't in her bed. I can clearly remember it.

---FLASHBACK---

"Anna, is Ella awake?"
"No"
"She usually is by now."
"It's her birthday just leave her be."
"I just thought she would be excited and awake..."

That grabbed my attention. Kristoff and I hurry down the winding hallways to her room. We run around the castle in search of our beloved daughter. We found Elsa walking around the castle looking for us. "Oh where were you guys? I have been needing to talk to you, about Ella's going out today. We have to finish working out the details. Or I could actually just talk to Ella directly, where is she?" She asks us. "Gone," Kristoff and I say together. "Hahaha, very funny, but we mustn't waste what little time we possess." I just stare at her. "Wait, were you joking?" she asks seriously. Kristoff and I shake our heads at the same time. "Hmm... Well, I guess we'll just have to find her soon. Tell the guards, notify everyone you see," she commands. I think of what a great leader she is. She will not give up. Ever. She will search all the ends of the earth. I know it. She won't let us down. I have to cry. My one and only daughter is gone, I may never see her again. Kristoff sees I'm upset and pulls me into a hug. We stand like this for a while. He kisses the top of my head and we decide to search together. He walks with his strong arms around me. I don't know what I would do without him. The fact that he risked his life to save a foolish young girl like me is enough to win my love and trust. Kristoff and I walk into our room to change clothes. I dress in a winter dress and cloak. It's very cold out, but this was the scheduled day to take Ella out. Kristoff and I meet outside our room, and once more he wraps his strong, protective arm around me. "We'll be all right," he keeps reassuring me. I just nod my head and hope he's right.

---END OF FLASHBACK---

I feel like she's been missing for years though. Just a couple days, that isn't right. It can't be. Is it. Yes. My daughter is on her own. Out, who knows where. I start to cry again. Kristoff and I got back late last night and Elsa is still out looking. All of a sudden, the door opens, it's Elsa. She shakes her head. We know what that means. I look at the floor. My whole body goes numb and weak. I think I must've fallen because next thing I know is Kristoff is helping me back next to the fire. We use no word. We know that instead of speaking, we will just cry. Tears are already in our eyes. He keeps his hand on my back. I feel safer around him. My savior. My dear husband. I think I would be dead by now without him. He's my rock, and I love him more than anything right now. I get up and we go get ready for another long day of searching.

About a half hour later we are dressed and ready to go. This time, we take Sven out and search through the mountains. We call her name as loud as we can. But our beloved is nowhere. I just can't get her back. My daughter. My child. My life.

"Ella,Ella,Ella," our voices echo, bouncing off the mountain sides. It's getting colder. They were talking about a blizzard late today. We hear the distant bells ringing. Is it already afternoon? "We must turn back, Kristoff, the blizzard will be approaching soon." He sighs. "I just, want to find her, now. The longer this goes on, the less hope I have," he says. I realize that it is the same for me. And I nod holding back tears. "Let's go take a nap," I say. We know we will get lost in this blizzard, so it is pretty much hopeless. It's like jumping into a huge pit on purpose knowing you will never ever get out. I feel like I should look during the blizzard for Ella. But if we get lost, we won't be able to find her ever.