At school and leaving

I walk into shop and find my friend Melia "Hey! :D" "Hi! :D" "You excited? :D" "Yes! Jessica this is your day to shine :D" "Yah it is! :D" "I heard I'm riding with you" "Yes, how could I not choose to ride with my only friend in this entire class grade" "Point there"
Principal:"Attention 8th graders please head to your assigned limos" Melia and I head to our limo (keep in mind it's only going to be me, Melia, and the principal in this limo). The limo driver takes our suitcases and places them in the truck, and I still have my backpack on my back. We hop onto the limo and get cozy because we have over a 2 hour and 16 minute ride to the hotel, I set down my backpack and buckle in and Melia sits next to me. "So, tell me about Dover" "Promise you'll listen and won't be bored?" "I promise, you know I like listening to your NASCAR stories" "Okay, so Dover International Speedway aka the Monster Mile is a 1 mile oval that has 4 turns, front and back straightaway are 9 degrees banked and turns 1 through 4 are 24 degrees banked. Since this is the month of May, that means that there will be 3 races this weekend. The Camping World Truck Series race is tomorrow which is 200 laps, the Nationwide Series race is Saturday which is 200 laps also, and the Sprint Cup Series race aka 400 laps is on Sunday." "Awesome, what makes this track so unique compared to the other tracks they visit?" "Well, it's one of 2 tracks where the surface is pure concrete all the way around the track, in turn 3 there is a bridge called the Monster Bridge, you can sit in it and feel the sensation of the cars going by under your feet. Finally, Dover has a mascot if you want to call it that, his name is Miles the Monster. He's a big Monster Statue that represents the track's name, Miles can ruin the drivers day in a hurry. The track is also called the Monster Mile because this track can be so demanding (aka tough), this drivers used to go 500 laps around this track for the cup race, but the drivers were so exhausted and drained after 500 miles, so they bumped it down to 400 laps and 400 miles" "Wow" "Yeah" "What makes this track so special to you?"
"That's a very good question, so you know how much I love Jeff Gordon?" "Yes" "Well, my first NASCAR race was at Dover on September 28, 2014 and my favorite driver aka Jeff Gordon won" "Wow! That must of been special" "It was, and I got to experience it all my dad and uncle, I got to meet new people, be around the NASCAR family, experience tailgating for the first time ever even though it was only from Saturday to Sunday, spend time with my other uncle, shop, see new places, and most of all have a lot of guest and make memories that will last a lifetime" "Sounds like a ton of fun" "It was" I tear up a little. I get my iPod out of my backpack along with my headphones and I listen to music (oh! I forget to mention we have been on the road now for sometime.) I look out the window. Over 1 hour and 30 minutes later we arrive in Delaware and on route 1S which means we are heading towards Dover/ Dover Beaches. Next we merge onto DE- 1S toward US-13S/ Dover/ Dover Beaches which is a portions toll . After the toll, we merge onto Scarborough Rd Via Exit 104 toward Us-13/De-8/Dover Downs/N Dover which is also a portions toll. After the toll we turn left on US-13 S/ N DuPont highway. Then we turn left onto Delaware State University, which means now we are 0.34 miles from the track! Then we turn left and then right, I see the track and beam with excitement! "That's my home!" The limo driver parks in the Comfort Inn Hotel parking lot. Melia, the principal, and I get out and grab our stuff and wait for everyone else to arrive.