You Need To Know

I walked down stairs to the smell of bacon and pancakes.

"Good morning," Bård said with a very cheesy smile.

"I wish..." I said rolling my golden eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Look...I don't know how I can prove this to you, but we need to talk."

"What's on your mind?" He asked stopping what he was doing.

"I'm a vampire," I said hoping that he would let me finish.

"Are you sick?" He asked putting his hand on my cheek.

"I can prove it to you," I said waiting for him to respond, but there was nothing.

I payed close attention to his neck and the sound of his heart beat. Then that's when it happened, I turned.

He just looked at me and then he worked up the strength to say something.

"How long have you been hiding this from me!" He was mad at me...How, for telling the truth?

"I was actually starting to like you and you..." He stopped to watch me.

"You liked me?" I said crawling back into shy mode.

"Kat...I'm sorry." He said reaching for me.

I didn't let him. I backed away and started to run. I ran out the door and to the meadow where we meet.

When I got to the edge of the lawn I stopped and thought about what he had told me. Then I wanted to forget. I started to run through all of the cherry blossom trees and tripped on a root.

I fell to the ground and grasped my ankle.

'Shoot' I thought as I saw Bård enter the meadow to find me. I couldn't let him see me like this. It was too late, he saw me and ran to me.

"I'm so sorry" he said hugging me, "I really do love you."

"Yeah that's great but it's not helping y situation right now." I reminded him.

"Oh, are you hurt?"

"Yeah maybe help would be great though," I said looking down at my now bruised ankle.

Bård picked me up and carried me to the house. I was thinking...maybe things were going to work out between us.