Face your fears

I walked down stairs, and then looked at Bård. He was in the kitchen washing the dishes. he didn't even notice what had happened in the living room, he was too busy hosting a pool party.

'' Hey,'' he said with a smile, but then it faded when he saw the tears running down my face.

'What's wrong?'' he asked looking at me like I had just lost my best friend, but we all new it was much worse...way worse.

"She's dead,'' I mumbled under my breath working up the courage to speak.

''Who is?'' he asked coming over to me to hug me.

I cried in his shoulder for a minute and then looked him in the eyes, ''I killed her."

''Who?'' he asked looking at me like he couldn't even believe that I killed anyone. He didn't even know the worst part yet.

"Emma."

"My emma?" he asked getting ready to cry.

I nodded and started to cry harder. I watched Bård start to cry too. I wrapped my arms around him and whispered something in his ear.

"I can take all your pain away if thats what you want."

"How?" he asked.

I looked him in the eyes and compelled him to forget.

"You will not remember the death of Emma Ylvisåker."

When the compulsion was complete, Bård looked fine. He had just forgotten the death of his own daughter.

This made me cry even harder. He gave me another hug and was rubbing my back telling me it's ok over and over again. The only problem was...it wasn't ok.