The Boy In The Strawhat

You look up at the mansion and frown. So this was your punishment, to clean this entire place by yourself with your rumored crazy uncle Shanks. You climb the stairs to the door giving a hesitant knock. No response. You pause, looking back at the disappearing car before hesitantly entering the house. "Uncle Shanks?" You call carefully. No response. You venture in carefully, nose instantly offended by the smell of booze and musk. You look around the hall and sigh at the sight of empty bottles everywhere along with some unknown substances. This would be hell. You fully step in and close the door. "Uncle Shanks?" You call again. Still no answer. You swallow carefully maneuvering past piles of bottles as you continue deeper inside the mansion occasionally calling for your uncle. After maybe ten minutes you finally find him passed out on a piano. You sweatdrop seeing he still gripped a bottle. 'Did he even know I was coming?' You wonder as you gingerly take the bottle from him before gently pushing him off the piano. He hits the floor with a thud and groans sitting up dizzily. "Huh...." He mutters until his eyes fall on you. A big stupid grin spreading across his face. "__! You finally came to visit!!" He cheers. "Uncle Shanks, you knew I was coming today," You sigh. He blinks and tilts his head. "Huh?" He huffs. You rub your temple. "Did you forget everything that happened last week?" You inquire. He pauses, realization dawning on his sobering face. "Oh yeah...." He mutters. "I thought that was next month though..." "You're the one that set the date!" You remind him. Again he looks confused. You inwardly groan. "Just tell me where to start..." "Mmm, the attic! You can also sleep anywhere you like! Just not the piano. That's my place." He tells you, running a hand through his red locks and pausing. "Hey... Did you take my strawhat?" "No uncle I didn't, I'm gonna leave my bags here then." You muse, setting your bags to the side. Before going to look for the stairs as Shanks rummaged through bottles in search of his lost hat. After few minutes you find the very unsafe looking staircase and start up it. You kept your hands near the steps since the railing was broken here and there. How could your uncle live in such a mess? A step beneath you shifts and you swiftly bolt up to the next floor. You fall down and look back as a slight crash sounds. Part of the staircase had broke off there was no way down without jumping or a ladder. You release a breath and relax on your back, looking at the ceiling. "Three more floors to go..." You pause, looking over the railing when you see a familiar strawhat but not a familiar face under it. The teen's brown eyes locked with yours and he flashes a grin before disappearing down one of the halls. You raise an eyebrow, opening your mouth to call out to him but stop yourself. Shanks had said everyone had left so who was the guy in your uncle's hat. Eh, maybe he was lost. The mansion was pretty big, and you weren't even half way done with the attic though you been up here all day. "Think I'll take a break then," You muse when your stomach growls. You follow your trail of garbage bags (mostly filled with bottles) down to the second floor, climbing down the ladder Shanks had placed for you and wandering into the kitchen as your uncle sits down to eat. He grins at you. "Your food is all ready __! Dig in!" He chimes. You blink and get some food before sitting down and starting to eat. "Thought you said everyone left?" You tell him casually. He pauses. "They are all gone." He assures. "Then who's the black haired guy running around wearing your hat?" You inquire, glancing up at him. He was confused, frowning briefly. "___, I don't know anyone with black hair," He says seriously. You pause. "He had a scar under his eye," You try. Again he looks lost but soon realization comes to him and he grins. "Ah so he's back huh, he'll probably drag you off on an adventure soon then..." He muses. You give him a deadpan expression. "Huh?" You huff. He just smiles. "Its getting late! Go find a room to sleep in!" He chimes, getting up and discarding his plate in the sink and turns to leave but the look you give him makes him rewind and clean his plate swiftly before putting it up and heading out. You chuckle and do the same. Finding a actually clean room before going over and rolling onto the bed, swiftly passing out.