T W O

The olive skinned Greek dances through the corridors, her feet as light as feathers against the cold and unforgiving floors of Arkham.

Eris, the youngest of Aces crew blends her way into the shadows, the guards uniform hugging her thin, dancers frame tightly as she searches for the door that hides the lurking predator. The door that keeps the psychopath from wreaking havoc onto the world once again.

She hopes Ace knows what he's doing, hopes that whatever parts of the plan he is hiding from her fits into the blank spaces purposely kept from prying eyes.

"Dýo, Tría, Téssera, Pénte.." her voice fades, fingers lightly touching the numbers on the doors.

Eris could speak fluently in English, she could command an army and not one person would hear her accent, would know it wasn't her first language. But for some reason the next could be full of broken words put together in a mess of grammar and vocabulary. She could argue with Ace quickly and wittily but when it comes to asking Rhys to pass her the knives she could stumble over the smallest words.

Obviously, It was Aces fault for her terrible teachings, he wasn't exactly the best teacher and he certainly didn't have the best methods.

There were many arguments between the two as Ace picked up the complicated Greek sentence and Eris struggled with her equally as hard English one.

Flicking the lock picks from her sleeves Eris rolls her eyes at the thoughts. If you had told her two years ago she would be breaking the two most wanted criminals out of Gotham she would have laughed and carried on with separating her food and pushing her body through the torturous moves of her dance.

She didn't know this was the path she'd skip down, didn't know that once she got the taste of the danger she couldn't give up the high.

She craved the risk, the dance with Ace, with death.

If you were to hold her at gun point and ask her to choose-her family or the life she has created-though the answer would be tough, she'd choose the latter, she'd choose Ace.

And maybe that's why he let her in with no problems, maybe that's why she's the one on her knees breaking out the ruler of Gotham and not Theo.

Because Eris understands the stakes of this job, understands the money to come with it.
She understands that Ace would skin her if she was to ever choose the former, that she would never live a life with her family now that she's danced with him.

The lock releases with barely any sound, and in turn let's out the green haired maniac.

The white haired manic paces the room, her feet heavy and cautious as she counts the seconds down.  Awaiting the familiar sound of the door unlocking, at a familiar face to step through the solid block of metal and walk her out of this prison.

Her thoughts trail to a certain clown, wondering whether Ace made the same deal with him, whether the bounty on his head was big enough to tempt the greedy assassin into killing instead of sparing.

"I'm definitely worth more than him " Her voice scratches against her throat, the whisper breaking on certain words as she mumbles. Words incoherent to the passing gaurds, too use to the insane girl voicing her thoughts to even care whether what she was saying was of importance.

Everest could scream plans of world domination and they'd still walk by calmly, nodding to one another as their shift changes.

'Robots, the lot of them'