seven

-Ashton-

I woke up at 12 pm, stretching and hearing my bones crack per usual before putting on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. Unlocking my door and going downstairs to make breakfast, eating my cereal peacefully out of its red ceramic bowl.

But steps soon came, and my eyes darted up to see David. His brown eyes dark as he stared at me, and I could feel his glare when I looked back down at my cereal, I could feel my appetite disappear instantly.

"We need to speak about what happened," he stated, cutting the skin off some apple slices he had cut, and he had peanut butter on the side to dip them into. I shook my head, refusing to even answer his statement out loud.

But he slammed the knife down onto the table, causing me to flinch and look up immediately. Fear replacing the irritation in my eyes as I went to stand up. But he pulled out a silver remote, clicking a button that made a loud beep. And all of sudden my body was frozen in place. To be paralyzed like this was terrifying, but I refuse to let it show. If he knows I am weak, it will only give him more power. I will not allow him to break me down, I am in control...though that is ironic seeing my current situation

I looked back at the remote. What kind of technology was this? I wanted to speak, call out for help but I couldn't even do that. My only option was to await his words.

"Such a shame I had to use this to finally get you to stop being such a bitch. Just like your damn father. Now, I'm going to press one of these buttons," he moved to show the remote and all its colorful buttons, "and then you'll answer each question I have for you." He did as he said, the button he pushed making a slightly different sound but it still wasn't nice to hear.

"My father? You knew him!? Where is he- why are you upset with him? Did he love me? Why did he leave?" I instantly rushed out a series of questions- my father, finally I could get the answers I've always wanted. Looking at how David's expression soon became a smirk, he tapped his fingers against the counter with a sense of mockery behind the action.

"Yes I knew him. He worked alongside me in the lab, I was his assistant. And I remember when he was proud to announce your creation-."

"My creation? I'm a human being David treat me like one for once!"

"No! You are a damn robot Ashton- you are the perfect robot. He hid you from the damn lab, only I knew. And when he found out that I knew, he was beyond angry. He threatened to get rid of me if I told...but he didn't know how I found out. Turns out," he chuckled before he continued, "I was fucking your mom, he created you because your mom couldn't get pregnant. And you know how she paid him back- by fucking me."

"You're lying! You're such a fucking asshole! I don't know why my mom loves you, you suck- you're the biggest asshole known to man!"

"Your dad spent years and years perfecting you to be the perfect robot, a robot unaware of what it actually was to the point where it was human. He implanted a chip in your brain which is actually fascinating due to its power. Though your mother refuses to let me take an entire look at it. He made it so you can't tell that you're a robot, something I've been trying desperately to do on Luke, make him forget he is part cyborg. I would make millions"

I tried to shake my head quickly but I was still stuck, hating how this man could just be lying straight to my face. Such a sick person. That's all he truly was.

David tsked at my reaction, pulling away and walking to the basement door causing my eyes widen. He opened it, and it made its signature rasp, Luke standing there with a sad expression on his face and tears running down his face.

"L-Luke!?" I called out quickly, trying so hard to move and wanted to scream when I couldn't.

"Ashton, he isn't lying. You're less human than me, yet you act more human than I ever could. You're perfect Ashton, he doesn't have control over you. But he could scrap me whenever he wishes. The only reason you can't move is because he's using that remote, it's magnetic and you're not immune to everything sadly, but it makes you even more human in a way. Science is science."