three

-Ashton-

I grumbled loudly, mum had finally realized that it was Summer and that I was not going to do any schoolwork when it's this hot out. I didn't even want to get out of bed, my stepfather was downstairs doing whatever he usually does for the sake of science. And mum was at the hospital working, since it was Summer she could take more shifts and earn some extra money.

My stepfather knocked on my door, probably to ask me if I was awake since it is currently three pm. I wanted to say yes and then go back to sleep, but I doubt it would be that easy.

"You can come in," I mumbled, watching as the door opened. My blankets covering my body as my eyes were only half open to look at David.

"You've been in here for hours, why don't you get something to eat?" He asked me, and I groaned in response sliding under the covers.

"M'tired," I grumbled, watching as my stepdad took the covers away and threw them in the corner. I glared at him because I was now cold and tired. Swinging my legs across the bed, my feet touching the hardwood floor as I stretched. The sounds of cracking bones echoes around the room as I finally stand up. Pulling some sweatpants up my legs.

"I made breakfast for you."

I pushed past him, walking downstairs with that classic teenage annoyed expression. I wasn't even annoyed with my stepdad, just life in general.

The kitchen smelt like pancakes, it made sense in the end when there was a large pile of fluffy chocolate chip pancakes on a plate. It occupied then middle of the table and I practically fainted while looking at it. My stomach rumbling, I guess I hadn't realized how hungry I was until now.

I sat down, eagerly taking a plate on the side and putting a few pancakes onto it. Fork and knife in hand as I began devouring the delicious breakfast food. All feeling of tiredness had left my body as I ate the pancakes, it was as if I hadn't eaten for years.

"Ashton don't eat like that, you're going to give yourself a stomach ache," my stepdad warned as I shrugged.

"But it's soooo good," I moaned as I continued eating the food. The man watching for a little longer before unlocking the basement door.

"Don't choke," he stated, seeing as I had stopped all actions as I looked at the basement door. A part of me had almost forgotten about Luke. Almost. But it would be impossible for me to forget about the cyborg, with a smile like that and eyes that stared into me. The thought of him had warmth rushing to my cheeks.

I swallowed the pancake I had previously been chewing before standing up.
"Would you like to come?" He asked, referring to the basement. I nodded in response, my body buzzing in excitement.

"Can I?" I asked to be reassured that he wasn't just teasing me. He nodded, opening the door and holding it so I could go in first. I practically ran down the stairs, but not really since I didn't want to be suspicious.

Luke, well I assumed it was Luke was covered in a large white cloth. Other objects around him also covered in cloth.

"I wanted to start social interaction training with him," my stepdad stated, walking over to the cloth covered cyborg. Tugging the rag off of him and looking at me expectantly. I gasped loudly, though it was fake it still convinced David to continue with his ramble about Luke and how important his "invention" was.

He took a weird shaped key- maybe battery out of his pocket and inserted it in a little panel behind Luke's neck, specifically where all the wires were protruding out of. Luke's eyes became a brighter blue as his head instantly turned to look towards me, grin on his face.

"Luke say hi to my son Ashton," my stepdad said. I rolled my eyes at the son part causing Luke to chuckle.

"Hello Ashton," Luke greeted me, stretching his limbs for a second before going walking over to me, his hand shaking mine firmly.

"Hi Luke," I replied, hoping that there wasn't a blush coating my cheeks, it was strange since we had already met. But Luke found it more humorous than nerve wracking.

"So nice to finally meet you," he stated, winking at me and I couldn't resist blushing that time. For a cyborg he acted way too human. Maybe this was all a joke and he was human, but that seemed wrong. In a way he was half human, but to me he seemed entirely human. It was, terrifying- yet intriguing.

From afar my stepdad had a piece of paper on a clipboard. Pen in his hand, the top of it in between his lips as he observed us.

"So is your cyborg does that mean that you were completely human and then you um..died or something?" I mumbled and Luke chuckled while looking me in the eyes. I was embarrassing myself to the point of death right now.

"Your dad tells me I got into a car crash with my family, and that I was the only person who could be saved," Luke replied.

"He's not my dad," I stated sternly, Luke's face changing to that of confusion.

"He told he was- showed me photos of when you were a small baby. You were so cute, I mean you're still pretty cute right now," Luke smiled.

"U-Um thanks...he's not my dad though so just remember that. He's my stepdad and I'm his stepson."

Luke nodded, shaking my hand firmly. He was really strong, my cheeks heating up once again. I must've looked like a tomato.

"I like when you blush, it's cute, a gentle hand going towards mine before my stepdad stepped in between us.

"I think that's enough for today," he said, Luke visibly frowning but also pulling away quickly, going off to the corner of the room where there was a bed with wires coming out of pillows that rest on it. Sighing and rolling my eyes, I waved goodbye to Luke before retreating back upstairs.

David sighing before following me, grabbing my arm a bit forcefully if you asked me. I winced as the large gash on my arm began bleeding again, the band aid soaked in blood as he pulled away with an annoyed expression.

"Look what you did!" I yelled, biting my lip as the man gave me a cold glare.

"I'm trying really hard for us to bond Ashton, give me a chance!" He snapped, pushing my backwards after releasing my bleeding arm.

"I don't know why my mom married you! She fell in love with you, but I know your asshole just like the guys she dated before!"

"You sure as hell gave Luke a chance before me and you just met him. He's a piece of metal! Maybe it's because you're a slut, it would explain why your always with that Calum kid. Friends with benefits."

I walked away, going outside and slamming the door behind me before rushing onto my bike and riding off to Calum's house. Hot tears running down my cheeks as I made to the boy's house. Knocking on the door until finally Joy answered, gasping at my appearance and ushering me in.

"Calum's with Michael right now," she said softly as she took out the first aid kit. "He'll be back soon, I'll call your mom and tell her your staying over."

I just hugged her and cried, Joy would listen to me unlike my mom. Love changes your priorities, and ever since my mom met David it's felt like a constant fight to get her attention. I'm her son, I should come first.

゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚

( 1.317 words ) I edited most of this, but at the end I was just tired so I didn't continue editing the rest. Anyway, this chapter provided a bit more insight on Ashton's current family life and it included Luke.
~ Vote and comment, I really want to know how you all are liking the story ❤️.