A Blizzard Trapped in Her Eyes

As I made my way through the masses, I smiled and waved to anyone that greeted me. Making sure I kept moving. I glanced at the clock. "Damn still too early to leave," I thought as the music picked up again. The steps I was taking quickly muffled by the Harpist, who's playing entranced everyone's attention for a moment. Yet they all quickly went back to their conversations. They were all in business mode. No time to even appreciate a beautiful melody. Though I was the same. Stuck playing a part in an upperclass machine-

"Thomas?"

I turned to my left to see Lady Camila. Finally someone normal, and I didn't mean that in a negative way. She was a short, slender girl about 5'2. Large dark brown eyes and her deep skin tone, that could even make chocolate jealous. Her dark kinky hair was always fighting to stay styled for long periods of time. To be honest if I absolutely HAD to get a girlfriend, she'd be my first pick. Calm, quiet, rational, and her body was also a plus. What I liked most about her was that she wasn't a lovey dovey mess of a girl. A girl who my words didn't double as a brain tranquilizer. She treated me normally. I liked that. Part of me thinks that if I did ask her out she'd reject me. She's more suited for a princes's girlfriend than some random rich dude. Shame really.

"Hello Lady Camila. How are you this evening. I hope your father is doing well," I smiled. "It's a pleasure Thomas. He's doing every well. Thou his sickness still prevented him from attending. It's just my mother and I. Though I will tell him that you wished him well," she smiled back. "I see. That's a real shame. Though if there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask," I said happily and she smiled back. "You seem to be in a rush," she asked. True. To her I was usually more talkative. "My mother called for me. She's just up ahead," I informed her. "Oh my goodness I apologize! I didn't mean to interrupt you! Oh dear I'm such a bother," She frantically apologize. I chuckled and said, "you could never be a bother to me." I said sweetly and her face turned slightly red.

"Maybe I was wrong about her having no romantic interest in me. Hm this just got interesting. Though I could have just caught her off guard and she embarrassed easily. I'll find her after I talk with my mother and find out," I thought. "T..Thank you," she said meekly. "The same to you," I replied "Well I should let you go though. I hate to keep your mother waiting," she said quickly. "As you wish," I bowed and continued walking. "Such a sweet girl," I thought as I saw my mother just ahead of me.

I was just about to greet her when I heard behind me. "Thomas my boy. Could I trouble you with a humble request," Our Host smiled placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw him and my father. "I just walked away from them. What now," I though before saying, "Yes Sir, anything. Though I haven't reached my mother yet." "I'll tell her about it," my father smiled. I mentally sighed before turning to the host, whom continued.

"It seems my daughter has run off again. She has to make an appearance for a special announcement. Would you mind retrieving her," he asked. "It would be my pleasure," I replied happily. "Wonderful, She's most likely in the library. Go down the corridor, to the staircase, it's the third door on the east side. Simple," he smiled. "I will go right away," I bowed before leaving. "Damn it," I thought turning away. I could feel the stares from everyone who pretended not to notice. I was only of a select few whom was aloud to enter further into their home. The boy whom people still considered new to this world. The glares of jealousy and the confusion in why I was chosen. The other single men whom wanted nothing more than the heart of the Host's daughter. Whether I like it or not. I just made a lot of new enemies. "Great... as if this wasn't a crap shoot already," I thought trying to keep a happy straight face.