"How about how much hurt I felt after? Huh?"

"How much you hurt?" I let out a single, loud laugh. How could she possibly think for a second that I would take her seriously? "You're the one who cheated on me when everything was perfectly fine. I may be a dick but I've never cheated on you, ever."

"Then what would you call trying to sleep with Maddie?" the bitchiness is back in her voice and I'm quick to become void of any sympathy whatsoever.

"A game? I don't know!" I throw my hand up in the air in frustration before laying it down over my eyes, "At least it means nothing to me. You clearly developed feelings for--"

"Shut the fuck up! I didn't and you know it." Although Hannah has calmed down, her voice makes it clear that she's about to cry again any second. I wonder if she has a hangover now too. If she does, this conversation does nothing for anyone and should probably stop. "If there's anyone here that had a crush on him, it's you. You didn't even let me explain before you ran off and took his side, and let all your friends treat me like shit."

"What was I supposed to do? Oh my god," I whisper, covering my face fully now, "Let him kill himself while you were prancing around, still claiming he forced himself on you? That was a load of bullshit anyway."

Hannah lets out a breath of defeat and I take my palms off my eyes to see her slumped down in her spot. She looks so distraught and I wish things could be simple again so it wouldn't feel wrong of me to care. But she's the reason that it isn't simple and she's the reason that she's upset, so I should just let it go.

"I didn't want to lose you," she frowns, looking down at her hands. 

"Well being honest would've solved that one better! Or how about just not--" A pain ripples through my forehead and causes me to stop myself. I grip my temples in agony and try not to make myself any more annoyed with this. "You didn't lose me anyway, clearly. So just leave it. Okay?"

Just by the look in her eyes I know Hannah wants to argue with that too, but she thankfully nods in agreement instead. I close my eyes and sigh, taking in the peace and quiet and letting my anger dissapate. The silence between us doesn't last long, though, and Hannah speaks up again.

"Do you want me to give you a blowjob or something, then?" Her voice has gone from sad to suggestive in a matter of seconds and her hands return to my chest. "'Cuz I really don't want to talk about Maddie."

She moves them futher under the covers until they reach the waistline of my boxers. The same old chill is sent through me but I'm my own cockblock today. Being sober has lead to a lot more confusion over Maddie and Ashton and that is enough to keep me from being aroused. I grab her hands in mine and look up at her.

"I really just want to sleep more."

Her eyes shine with dissidence but again she only nods. She takes her hands out of mine and moves so she's laying beside me, her frown returning. Now that the frustrating conversation is over, I'm capable of feeling bad for her and I pull her closer to me, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. She leans her head on my chest for a moment before tilting it up and kissing my jaw lightly.

"I love you," she murmurs, but I try my hardest to pretend I'm already asleep. 

--

==Maddie's POV==

I hurry into the house with only so much as a wave back to Ashton. As excited as I am that he asked me out, I'm equally as nervous about leaving Milly waiting for me for as long as she did. He drives away once I get inside and I'm only left to worry more when the living room is completely vacant.