I sat in bench feet propped up after finishing my apple and listening to Rita Ora's How We Do while singing out loud not giving a care that people could hear me. The worst they could do was tell me to shut up but they wouldn't. I smiled at the lyrics playing.

I wanna party and bullsh-t

and party and bullsh-t (with you)

and party and party.

Now wasn't that the story of my life I thought. I decided to have a little fun while tossing my apple away. I saw a blond on the cheer-leading team walking my way to throw away her trash. Marylin Carlson. Perfect. I threw my apple and made it land on her chest hitting her white low cut shirt. She gasped and looked at me. I shrugged and held up my hands saying sorry but the mock in my voice gave it away that I had done that on purpose.

"Bitch." She muttered while walking away.

"Slut." I countered back. I still hadn't forgotten what she did to me in sixth grade. I knew it was immature to hold a grudge on someone for that long but damn it she stole my first and only boyfriend.

She turned around and gave me the bird while I laughed. I layed down my whole body on the bench listening to the rest of the song waiting for the bell to ring. Stacey was stuck doing some research for some play the drama club was having.

When the bell did ring I got up and put my iPod away while walking to my next class.

~+~+~

By the end of the school I began getting sleepy. My staying up late wasn't doing any good to my health. I wondered when my sessions with Nick would start. I began thinking about him after that. He didn't look like the type to like to work hard at school. He had a skater look to him that distance him from all the rest of the smart people. I found myself actually looking forward for his tutoring. Sure he wasn't the nicest person, to me, but his was cute and well I found if he kept his rude comments to himself we would get along just fine.

~+~+~

The next day I was seated next to Nick in the Principal's office. We both already knew he was to be my new tutor but acted as if we didn't know. When Nick was given a sheet with all my missing work he gaped.

"Okay." he said after a while. "We'll get on it." he told the principal while smiling. I was sure he just wanted to put up a good front to the principal. Or was he serious? Did he think he could help me? I chewed my nails contemplating that. Would he put aside his difference to help me? Too many questions filled my brain at once so when we left I ask one of the few.

"Why don't you like me?" unfortunately it was one I wasn't sure I wanted the answer to. He looked over at me and sighed looking forward again.

"I don't hate you." he said after a while.

"Then why are you so rude to me?" I asked not letting the subject go. Just leave it alone, Rosalie, a small voice pleaded. Was it because he thought I was a slut? I knew it looked like I was but I wasn't. In my whole high school years I had only slept with two guys though one of them was my friends with benefits.

"Because..." he attempted but didn't continue.

"Because...?" I pushed him. He ran a hand through his stylish hair and looked at me.

"I don't know." he said finally. I raised both eyebrows at that.

"What do you mean you don't know? There has to be some reason for you to be such a jerk when I have done nothing wrong to you. Or are you just naturally rude though from what I've heard of Stacey that's not it, so what is it? Why do you feel compelled to be rude only to me?" I kept babbling but on my defense an answer like 'I don't know' wasn't really an explanation.