Lollipops - Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

"Well," she began, "do you not want dinner?"

Sirius dishearteningly shrugged, as if dinner was the least of his worries. "Not that hungry. Besides, I bought some candy from the Trolley Lady,"

"Oh."

Neither of them said anything for a moment, and in that time, Naomi began to think to herself. She was rather surprised that Sirius was so quick to fall into their routine of meeting up at night on the Astronomy Tower, but she wasn't going to deny that she was pleased his first instinct was to meet up with her. It was rather flattering, if she confessed.

Suddenly, Sirius interrupted her train of thought.

"So, how was your Christmas Break?" He kindly asked to make conversation.

Naomi grimaced at the question. She'd hate to lie, but she blatantly refused to inform Sirius of her ratty background.

"Oh, it was great," she lied straight through her teeth. "And you?"

"Mine was brilliant!" Sirius exclaimed with the eagerness of a toddler in a candy store. He proceeded to launch into the details; that Mr. and Mrs. Potter treated him with love, that his friends came over and made him feel happy, and, oddly enough, that there were no 'evil' relatives to bring him down at Christmas parties!

Sirius sighed in a happily reminiscing way that made Naomi discreetly smile to herself. She was happy that he was so, well, happy.

In a content mood, Sirius spoke again, "Do you want to go to the Kitchens?"

Naomi paused. The suggestion was so abrupt and unexpected.

When she offered no words, he spoke once more. "Why the shocked look? Aren't you starving!"

"Well," she spoke slowly. Sirius gave her a pleading look, so she hopelessly gave in. "Oh, alright!"

He cheered, but without further ado, he grabbed her hand and began to rush her along the hallways and to the Kitchen.

The only reason Naomi was not baffled like she should've been was because she already knew what the school Kitchen appeared as. After wandering across the school halls several times, she'd come across many different rooms and passages that not many knew of—including the school Kitchen.

When the two arrived at the Kitchen, Naomi waved eagerly to the House Elves.

"Hello, guys!" She greeted. Many of them rushed forward.

"Good evening, Master Black, Madame Serdeys!"

Sirius furrowed his eyebrows at her, not aware of the fact that Naomi was aware of the existence of the school Kitchen. She fed on to his train of confusion by greeting all of the House Elves who stood in front of her, name by name.

"Hello, Knobby, Lonk, Diminda, Dreezy, Looky! Do you mind handing over the usual?"

"Oh, yes! Knobby will do just as Madame Serdeys says, for Knobby lives to please Madame Serdeys!" Knobby exclaimed, speaking of himself in the third person. Naomi beamed and thanked the house elf, who bustled off with a few more fellow House Elves to supply Naomi with her meal.

Another House Elf asked Sirius what he wanted, and after he responded, the remaining House Elves proceeded to make his meal. Once they left him, Sirius joined Naomi where she sat down at the small table in the corner of the room.

"I didn't know that you knew of the Kitchen." He said bemusedly.

"Well, I've done my fair share of wandering around this school as well," she shrugged, easygoing.

Later, the House Elves provided them with food to eat, and Sirius and Naomi spent the night with each other's presence. At one point, jokes were exchanged, and time passed by in a blur of fun and laughter. Naomi spared no thoughts to anyone or anything else, too caught up in the moment to care about this:

Each weekday, at precisely eight o'clock in the evening, three students were supposed to meet up in one of Hogwarts' many abandoned classrooms. These students were Severus, Regulus, and Naomi. However, Severus was too mad at Naomi to attend their usual get together, so he ditched. Whereas, Naomi simply forgot about it, spending all of her time with Sirius. And so, in the secluded room in Hogwarts, Regulus was all alone, wondering why his two best friends failed to meet up with him. Once more, he was reunited with that horrid but familiar feeling; loneliness.

————–

Too. Tired. To. Function. Properly.

I just wanted to let you know, I truly appreciated all of the supportive comments that you guys left me.

QOTD: Have you ever fallen asleep in class?
AOTD: Yes. In gym class when I was sitting out, but my friend woke me up before anyone saw me.

Vote and comment!

Love,
Manny