A Paladin

It was now dinner time, the Paladins sat uncomfortably with the two Galra boys. No one spoke a word as they waited for Hunk to bring the food. Allura kept a close watch on the two which made the tension rise as everyone squirmed in their seats.

   Hunk arrived through the hall with a large smile over his face. "Alright, who's hungry?" He asked as his helpers escaped the kitchen with large trays of food.

   Everyone's expressions lightened except for Keith and Shiro's whose radiated and glowed. They watched in awe as the food was set before them. Hunk took off his apron and hat joining the table for dinner. He took a moment to check on everyone before he ate and he couldn't help but chuckle at Keith and Shiro's expressions.

"You two look like you've never had a real meal in your lives." He joked.

"Not like this." Shiro gasped.

   For a moment Allura's eyes softened when she heard the large man speak. But then she remembered the merciless leader that was their father and realized this shouldn't be a surprise that they did not eat as gourmet as the Paladins.

"Hunk's our great chef, he's a genius in the kitchen." Lance put his friend on a pedestal.

"Awe I only threw a few things together." Hunk blushed.

"Thank you." Shiro said looking to the princess with sincerity. "You are showing us so much kindness princess, I just want you to know we are very grateful."

   Allura blushed lightly taking her eyes away from the handsome man. "Just don't get too comfortable, I am still not thrilled about this."

"I completely understand, We are enemies in your home. We are lucky you have shown us such mercy."

"You don't have to be so formal Shiro. We make a point of not being like the Galra." Lance said looking to Allura as if to remind her. 

   She sighed knowing he was right and she began to eat her food in silence. 

***********°•💜•°***********

   Later when they had finished eating Allura returned to the surveillance room. She used the info Pidge had given her from the two prisoners following what they had said to find they had told the truth. Zarkon and Haggar's men were taking out small Altean bases trying to thin their defenses. She watched in horror as communications were cut off from each one like dominoes. Pidge slipped into the room and looked at the screen with a worried frown. 

"I'm glad to see they were telling the truth." She said. "But I also wish they had been wrong." 

"As do I." Allura turned to the smaller female. "I'm afraid I maybe losing hope Pidge. I don't know what to do." 

   Pidge tilted her head and closed her eyes, "Well, you could always make Kieth and Shiro into paladins." 

   Allura's eyes widened to the absurd words that left the green paladins mouth. Pidge only shrugged and walked towards the monitors.

"We don't have much of a choice. We can't do this with only 3 lions. We need Red and Black. They would be perfect." 

"So you want me to allow the sons of ZARKON to be Paladins?!" Allura was baffled.

"Well." Pidge sat in the rolling chair. "Technically they aren't Zarkon's sons."

   The princess's eyes widened as her posture relaxed. "What do you mean?"

"I mean they were adopted. Only Lotor is the true son of Zarkon. Those two aren't even related."

"How do you know this?"