Chapter 17: Ghosts and Progress

-

"Alright guys that was a good day of destroying control spires!" Davis announced happily.

"Shouldn't we be worried? They're going to start having detention here in the computer room starting tomorrow." Yolei said. "So we won't be able to use the computer to go to the Digital World."

"Wait we can't go to the Digital World tomorrow anyways!" TK announced. "We have plans tomorrow!"

"We? Whose we?" Davis asked.

"He means with me." Kari says, standing in front of TK.

"W-what!?" Davis shouts surprised. "Y-you mean like a date!?" TK and Kari started laughing rather loudly.

"What? No, look." Kari took out her day planner and showed him that she had that date marked.

"What's a fraction got to do with tomorrow?" Davis asked confused. Kaleb looked at the date and laughed. Ashley looked at her brother with confusion before she saw the date and smiled fondly. "What is this some sort of thing that no one told me about!?"

"Davis, that's the day when we finally defeated Myotismon." TK explained.

"Also the day that Gorillamon appeared in New York." Kaleb said. "We weren't there, but Michael and the others told us all about it."

"Davis thought it was a fraction!" Cody pointed out and everyone started laughing, Davis blushed in embarrassment.

"How should I know they started putting math in calendars!" Davis retorted.

"We're hanging out with Aaron tomorrow, you know, catching up." Ashley said once she stopped laughing. "So before we forget, we're going to be out for practically the whole day, if anything happens just send us an email."

"Wait why don't you all just come with us? Aaron too." Kari asked. "Everyone's welcome to come."

"On your date?" Davis asked.

"It's not a date Davis." Kari said with a nervous smile.

"I don't know if Aaron would like that, but I do want to meet the other older kids." Ashley thought aloud. "Well Kaleb?"

"Hm... alright, but don't expect Aaron to be happy about it." Kaleb sighed.

-

"I can't believe it's been four years since we've first went to the Digital World." TK reminisced. He, Davis, Kari, Yolei and Cody were waiting for the older kids in a park and talking.

"I can't imagine being in summer camp on minute then in another dimension the next." Cody said. "That'd sure beat canoeing and archery."

"I was sick so missed going to camp that summer." Kari informed.

"I almost forgot you weren't there the first time we saw all the weird stuff." TK commented.

"Wait you guys look weird to us ya know." Patamon spoke.

"I guess." Yolei agreed with Patamon.

"Hey!" Tai waved at them. "Happy anniversary guys." Tai said once the older kids joined them. All of them were together, including Mimi, however Ashley, Kaleb and Aaron weren't to be seen. "Hey where's Kaleb and Ashley?"

"I got an email earlier, they're with a friend and apparently they're meeting someone at the airport, so we're all meeting up later." Cody said.

"Well that's fine." Joe said. "This is quite the reunion though."

"Yeah it's been so long since we've all been together." Sora agreed.

"There's enough of us here to start a soccer league." TK said.