Chapter 4: Secrets Kept, Secret Out

Kaleb was at home, doing chores to get his PDA back. He had to earn his PDA back because his teacher took away, thinking he was using it to cheat on a quiz, which he wasn't.
When he got done his mom handed it back to him and left for work.
"Bye honey! And I better not hear anything about you cheating again, understood?"
"Yessir." Kaleb half saluted, he couldn't argue with his mother, no teenage boy could, or anyone for that fact.
"At ease soldier, I'll return at 20-one hundred.(8 pm)" with that she left.
Kaleb slid down on the sofa, tired. He then realized Ashley wasn't here. Then he tried to remember when exactly did she leave.
"Hey Kaleb your PDA made a strange buzzing sound!" Said Paomon hopping around with Kaleb's PDA on it's head.
"Really? Maybe the others sent an email." Kaleb responded while taking his PDA from Paomon.
He opened his PDA and looked at his email, which was from Ashley.
Where are you? Davis' soccer match against Tamachi is about to start!
'Ohh.' Kaleb thought then looked at Paomon and smiled sheepishly. "Looks like we aren't going to the Digital World today and I must have forgotten."
"It's okay Kaleb, I forgot a lot things too." This made Kaleb laugh, so he replied to his sister and took of to the soccer match.

At the Soccer Field...

"Argh... where in the world is he!?" Yelled Ashley. "If he's late, with no good reason, I will show everyone pictures of when he was little."
"Maybe you should try sending a message?" Asked Cody.
"Oh, right." Ashley said while taking out her PDA and typing out a message to send him.
Once she sent the message Yolie remembered something. "Oh I don't know if he'll get it or not. His um, PDA right, was taken during class when it fell out of his pocket."
"Oh that could explain why he's late, after all that PDA has something really special inside of it." Ashley said as she stared into the clouds.
"What do you mean Ashley?" Asked TK.
"Well..." Ashley started, unsure what to say when her PDA went of. "Oh its a message from Kaleb."
"What did he say?" Asked Kari.
"He says he had work for his PDA and apparently he wasn't aware of Davis having a soccer game." Ashley said aloud. "Maybe he..."
"What're you talking about Ashley?" Asked TK.
"Well... um...." Ashley was unsure she should tell them. She knew it was possible for it to have happened again, but she didn't know if she should reveal this secret about her brother, something even he wasn't aware of. No, she decided to keep to herself, they can't know about this, ever. Of course she had to avoid answering TK's question. "Well... our PDAs, they're are only link.... to them." That was partly true...
"Who?" Asked Yolie.
"Them... our friends." Ashley just wanted to avoid saying the truth, she couldn't, it was something she had to solve. "They live in another country, across the Pacific, we can't call them, the only thing we can do is send them emails." Ashley looked down. " I really miss them actually, they were the best! I hope to see them again in the future, then we can laugh and joke." Ashley smiled at the thought of seeing them again.
"Wow, we've gotten along so well we've forgotten you guys are from another country, and you guys have friends their too."said Tai, who had gotten their when Yolie asked her about who she was talking about. "It goes to show the bond we have now!" He gave a goofy smile and put an arm around Ashley's shoulders, which was a mistake.
Ashley tensed up ,her faced paled and her eyes went wide before pushing Tai on the ground, away from her. "D-don't touch me!" Screamed Ashley, she started to breathing faster. "Please... don't touch me..." she looked downcast, no one got near her, for fear she'd lash out at them as well.
Luckily Kaleb got there just in the nick of time. He saw Ashley having an episode and ran to her. "Ashley!" Kaleb enveloped his arms around her. "Hey it's alright Ashie, shh calm down. That guy isn't here, your not in danger, it's okay." Ashley calmed down some, but wouldn't talk to anyone. "I have take her home."
"Wait what just happened!?" Yelled Yolie. Everyone was in shock of what happened, especially Tai, who was still on ground albeit dazed.
"Just... don't put your hands on her shoulders, she could have another relapse." Kaleb warned them. "Tell Davis we're sorry we can't watch his match."
"I'll help you guys get-" Tai started to say while standing up, but Kaleb cut him off.
"Nah, its fine." Kaleb waved him off. "She just needs to come back to her senses." With that he moved his sister onto his back effortlessly and walked off towards their apartment.
"Tai, are you okay?" Asked Kari, concerned.
"Yeah I'm okay Kari, you don't have to worry." Tai said with the best smile he could muster, while in honesty he wasn't okay. He was concerned about Ashley and regretted putting his hand on her shoulder.
Kari and TK saw through his facade and gave skeptic looks towards him, but didn't say anything.
"Hey let's go and cheer Davis on extra hard for Ashley and Kaleb!" Tai grinned, a real grin, and they went to the match. Since Demiveemon wanted to cheer Davis on too, Kari was holding him in her lap, even some of the other in-trainees were being held, and watching Davis.