one

rose blythe was murdered two days ago

rose blythe was murdered two days ago. the police found her in nothing but wounds and lacerations, pools of faded purple splashed on every inch and crevice of her skin. she was dressed in agony, pure hatred spilling out of her exposed skin.

sirens and streaks of blue, red, white illuminate the ghastly veil of terror that had settled utop the starry skies. but beneath the shrieking alarm, all was quiet.

"this is disrespectful," brent rivera muttered aloud, a scowl treading dangerously at the corner of his lips. "don't you think we should probably say our farewells some time more appropriate? like, i don't know---- maybe at the funeral?"  with freezing hands shoved to the depths of his jean pocket, legs slung over a tiny picket fence, he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

"nobody told you to come with," maddox blythe grumbled, pausing to take a long drag out of his cigar, "besides, how the fuck can you disrespect the dead?"

it's funny really, he peers at the scene that lay before him, hooded eyes glazed with curiosity, stained with a myriad of dark emotions--- anything but grief. with calloused fingers and strained eyes he had searched, searched within the depths of his bloody soul, but he could not find an ounce of sadness within him. not even a tiny ink-drop.

it was his sister, for goodness' sake.

but somewhere at the edge of his mind, teasing the edges of his skull, he  partly blamed her for getting herself into this fix.

"look, i know you probably don't give a goddamn fuck, for lack of better words," brent said suddenly, crashing his train of thought, "but i've made myself very good friends with that look on your face ---spill."

with a grunt, maddox stood back up from the crouching position he was in, dropping the half-burnt cigar on the earth below, before crushing it with the sole of his shoe.

he watched as the spark dimmed and blinked away.

"i may not care for her, but i sure do owe her this one last thing--" he started, icicles of determination framing his clenched jaw.

"'---find out who in the everloving fuck of this god-forsaken world tore through her, body and soul."

please vote/comment if you even remotely liked it ♡ much appreciation i give