Chapter 22) Promise

Dillion looked at me with horror in his eyes and nodded his head. He led me back to his car and opened his door and got in.

"Did I do something wrong." He said looking out the window.

"Definitely not. Tonight was perfect thank you." I said taking his hand in mine. He looked over at me with a small smile. 

"Then what do you want to talk about?" He said as his smile faded.

"It's just that I asked my mom about the house." I say looking at him. 

"Oh yeah? What did she say?" He said

"She told me that the house is across town. Next to the other high school. I would have to transfer schools." I say looking away.

"W-what?" He says looking at me.

"I can't leave you." I say pulling my eyes up to meet his.

"Then don't. I can't lose you after I just got you back. I'm so fucking stupid." He says looking back out the window.
I cringed at his f word.

"Stop. Your not freaking stupid. If I saw you with another girl I would have done the same thing. Okay. I'm not going to leave you." I say looking at him once more.

"Promise." He says.

"Promise." I say as as smiles and finally goes in for the kiss I've been waiting for. An explosion of sweetness and passion both. His lips are warm and sweet like vanilla, and I find myself him pulling closer, craving more. We pulled apart because of a rapid knocking on his side window. Oh my gosh could they not wait. Ugh. My. Life.

"What do you want Brad?" Dillion says through gritted teeth, I'm guessing it's because we were interrupted.

"Hey sorry. But can you give me a ride? I came here with Becky and we just got into it. She left." He says scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah whatever get in." He says as he unlocked the back.

After Brad got in, we drove on In silence to his house. Dillion insisted that he take me home last. I hated silence.

He closed his car door and walked me up the stairs to the room door.

"So." He said as he sucked in a long breath while shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Do you want to come in?" I say looking at the door. Oh gosh please please say yes.

"Yeah." He said as his eyes light up. I chuckle at the twelve year old kid.

"Mom we're back." I yell as I close the door behind us.

"Oh good I was just about to make dinner. Oh Dillion are you staying?" She said as she made her way into the main room.

"If that's okay with you guys." He said giving her a small smile.

"Oh good." She said giving him a hug.
"Allie will you help me with something in the kitchen. Dillion feel free to head into her room." Mom said going back into the kitchen. I followed her.

"How was it?" She said looking at me.

"It's was really fun. Mom I've thought about what you said. I really don't want to move. No I'm not moving." I said as I dumped mac and cheese into a pot.

"I thought you wanted to get out of this motel." She said as she raised her eyebrows.

"I do but I'm not changing schools." I say stirring the pot.

"Oh well then we will keep looking." She said calmly. Seriously that's all it took and she was on board? Well I'll be darned, my mom has changed.

"I'm going to my bedroom call me if you need any more help." I say before skipping to my room.

"Hey." I say when I see Dillion on my bed sprawled out like a starfish.

"Come lay with me." He begged. So I did. I put my head on his chest and swung my legs over the bed. He was so comfy like a freaking pillow.

"Can I ask you something?" Dillion said after five minutes of silence.

"Shoot." I say with a sleepy smile. 

"Where is your dad?" His words shot me in the chest.

    Where was my dad? Was he even still alive? Did he even bother looking for us after we left? I guess I should tell him my wonderful life story.