Chapter 10) Questioning myself

Why? Was the only question running through my mind.  I hadn't heard from Alex since that night he hadn't showed up at school for about a week.

"Mrs Smith, care to answer my question?" Mr Hand asked pulling me away from my thoughts. He looked at me with disappointment and shook his head. Then I spoke.

"At age 33 Thomas Jefferson was one of the youngest delegates to the second continental congress. Congress appointed him to the committee to draft a Declaration of Independence, and his fellow committee members felt he was best suited for the job. In seventeen days Jefferson produced an inspiring document that expressed the reasons for America's action and gave its soldiers and citizens an eloquent statement of what the were fighting for."  I shrugged.

I looked up at Mr Hand to see the stupid expression on his face. He continued teaching like it never happened.  Then the bell rang and I got up to leave.

"Miss Smith, can I speak with you for a moment?"  Mr Hand asked. I looked at him with confusion and nodded.

"You really surprised me today miss Smith."  He said as he looked up from his computer.

"Okay?" I said.

"I was wondering if you've ever thought about joining any of the school teams?"

"I haven't really thought about it." I said shyly. Looking at the ground.

"Well you should think about it. Because it will look really good on your collage applications." He said.

"I'll think about it, thanks Mr Hand." I say as I turn to leave he stops me and hands me an excuse for being late to my next class.

I was starting to confuse myself with all the new things I've been doing lately. First the party (didn't go but was going to), then the kiss (was my first kiss and it was on accident).

"Thank you for staying I'll see you later." I then left.

Walking to second period was easy, no one was in the halls and I wasn't being shoved. I opened up the door and was greeted by Miss Rican.

"Hello miss smith is there a reason your late?" She said with a smile. I gave her the note Mr Hand wrote for me and she nodded.

"Take a seat and we will continue with our lesson." She gestured to the only empty seat in the class. You will never guess who it was next to.

*************************************
Sorry for all the short chapters!! It's going to be a long book.
KEEP READING!!!!