Chapter 2

It's been a month since I started living with the self proclaimed vampire. What else could I do? He refused to leave and the police think I'm a child throwing a tantrum. A lot of help they are. I still don't believe Phun is a vampire. The only proof I've seen are those pointy teeth, which isn't definitive proof at all. Anyone can alter their bodies with plastic surgery. I've even seen someone on TV alter their selves to look more like a cat. Weird ass shit.

I have noticed some odd behavior. Like how he disappears at night to return just before the sun peaks over the horizon. Or how he rarely eats. Mainly chomping down on raw meat, the rarer the better he says. Disgusting and odd. Still not definitive proof. He could just need the iron. Right? The weirdest thing of all is how everyone seems to bow down to his whims.

I have this neighbor who absolutely hates my very being. Everything I do sets him off. I don't understand why, I've been nothing but a charming young man. When we meet outside I greet him with a smile. He, of course, sneers at me. My mom would be proud with how well my manners hold up, even if I wanted to punch that sneer right off his ugly face.

I had a run in with him right after Phun forced his way into my life. I was taking the garbage bin to the curb when I kind of tripped over my feet and fell forward. Naturally, the garbage bin tumbled down with me and spewed its contents all over the sidewalk. My sweet neighbor, who happened to be doing the same thing with his own bin, started bellowing at me about how I had better clean this mess up and how much of an idiot I was. I furiously picked up the trash with my face bent down low so the ass couldn't see how red my face burned.

A pair of shoes came in to view and I gazed up to find Phun standing in front of me. Every inch of his lean body was covered in cloth including the beanie pulled tightly down his head. An umbrella was clutched in his pale hand shading him from the clouded sun rays. His eyes never looked down at me, they just gazed at my neighbor unblinkingly. His stare forced any harsh words my neighbor wanted to say to clump up in his throat. The guy's red face paled and his eyes glazed over. No words were exchanged between them. The only sound in the small area was the breeze ruffling the trash. I blinked several times in confusion when my neighbor bent down beside me. He started picking up my fallen trash. It was a weird sight. The guy didn't even sneer at me. In fact, he didn't even notice me. It was like he was in a trance. Phun bent down and took hold of my arm. He pulled me up and ushered me into my house. When I tried to ask what was going on, all Phun did was chuckle.

My neighbor wasn't the only one to fall into some odd trance. My mom came to visit me a week after the incident with the trash. She said she wanted to make sure I hadn't ruined her perfectly decorated house. I'm not ashamed to admit my mother decorated my house. If I had done it there would be a couch and a TV and nothing more. The important things, you know. When she let herself in and spotted the handsome Phun she squeaked staring at him. Many questions fell from her perfectly painted lips. I just didn't know how to answer them. I mean, how do you explain to your easily worried mother that a strange vampire followed you home and is now your roomie. I don't think I could. Luckily I didn't have to.

Phun easily told her that I saved his life. He was apparently unconscious when I came along and fell on him. And that woke him up. How that saved his life is beyond me but apparently my mom ate it up. Bless her soul. She started getting suspicious when he told her I allowed him to live with me. I'd never do such a thing. Not with someone I barley knew and who radiated trouble. Well, not without my hands being tied behind my back. She started protesting and questioning harder so Phun decided he had enough of talking. He slid up to her and laid a steady gaze on her. Neither of them blinked or talked. After a few heart beats my mother turned away and smiled at me. Her eyes were glazed over. She told me she was proud of me then turned away and left. I called her the next day to see how she was doing and she told me she was happy to have another son to call her own. That the only thing that matter was that we were happy and to ignore anyone who says other wise.