09

"uh... sang-hyeok ssi? sang-hyeok ssi?"

min-ho was starting to get really afraid when sang-hyeok stopped responding. the midlaner had stayed quiet for quite some time already after min-ho's previous statement.

ah, damn it.

had min-ho scared him? was he ignoring min-ho on purpose?

paranoid thoughts began to infiltrate min-ho's mind. all he did was saying what he truly wanted to do - which was taking care of sang-hyeok. did he sound too creepy? what if sang-hyeok hates him now?

he grimaced. ah, just when he thought the two had a chance at being friends.

or maybe, more than that-

min-ho's thoughts were interrupted when he suddenly heard soft snores coming from sang-hyeok, who was still comfortably leaning against min-ho's shoulder.

oh. so he's asleep...

min-ho stifled a relieved laugh. ah, sang-hyeok must've been tired. he probably hasn't been sleeping properly... perhaps it was best if min-ho let the tired and sick midlaner rest well.

he felt honored that sang-hyeok felt comfortable enough leaning on his shoulder to actually sleep while doing so, and he hoped that this means sang-hyeok and him are on good terms now.

it would really hurt his heart if sang-hyeok ever looked at him with the same hostility in his eyes again, like what happened just now.

sang-hyeok suddenly stirred a bit in his sleep, and leaned dangerously close to min-ho before settling down again.

thud thud thud thud...

min-ho felt heat on his cheeks and his heartbeat rising as sang-hyeok got closer to him. shit. if only lee sang-hyeok knew how powerful the effects of his actions were on min-ho.

he was so darn cute, min-ho just wanted to hug him and ruffle his hair, but then again he didn't want to disturb sang-hyeok's sleep.

"god fucking damnit, lee sang-hyeok," min-ho groaned soft enough only for himself to hear, "do you know you're driving me insane...?"

sang-hyeok said nothing in return, of course. his eyes were closed and his breathing rhythm was steady, and min-ho assumed that he was having a really good sleep.

deciding that no one could hear him if he whispered quietly enough, min-ho decided to vent out his frustrations.

"you're so adorable, i just want to hug you," he poked sang-hyeok cheek softly, careful not to wake him up.

"you know what? when i first saw you i thought you were scary, intimidating. a formidable rival on the fog of war. and i respected your skills so much, unkillable demon king."

he chuckled a bit before continuing.

"then i came across your streams. i realized... i was wrong. yes, you are strong and admirable and a legend. but you're also extremely cute. damn, i could just listen to you laughing and trolling everyone every day."

he sighed softly, looking at how vulnerable and fragile sang-hyeok looked when he was sleeping. gone was his cold stares, his wide grins, his adorable blank expressions...

he just looked so... relaxed.

min-ho was glad sang-hyeok could feel relaxed around him.

he smiled at the sleeping midlaner.

"when i said i wanted to take care fo you..." he whispered, "i meant that i wanted to take care of you forever and always. i just..."

heat rose to his cheeks again.

"i mean. i really like you. i just want to be by your side for the rest of my days. is that okay?"

he played with sang-hyeok's hair a bit, sighing again.

"damnit. this is such a cheesy confession, i'm so glad you're not awake to hear it," he grumbled to himself.

"well, good night, sang-hyeok ssi. i guess i should sleep now..." min-ho yawned, before drifting off to dreamland.

too bad.

if min-ho had closed his eyes a few seconds later, he would've seen the smirk on sang-hyeok's face.