08

two flustered midlaners sitting together was definitely a fun sight.

for the other members of sk telecom t1 and samsung galaxy, that is.

meanwhile min-ho was desperately trying to think of something to say. he didn't want to talk about the game, it'll only make the situation worse. plus, sang-hyeok was already sick. min-ho internally groaned, not knowing what to say.

"... thank you."

min-ho perked up. sang-hyeok had spoken - very softly - but min-ho had still heard him. he turned to look at the sick midlaner, whose face was pretty much burning red already.

"...for the jacket," sang-hyeok rasped, not making eye contact with min-ho, "thanks for the jacket."

min-ho smiled and mumbled a small, "you're welcome, sang-hyeok ssi." he's glad that sang-hyeok appreciated his efforts.

sang-hyeok closed his eyes and sighed. he wanted to ask min-ho a question, but didn't know how to put it in words.

after a long, comfortable silence, he managed to ask, "why?"

min-ho raised an eyebrow, confused. sang-hyeok was asking "why", but without any sort of context. what was he expecting min-ho to answer?

"huh? what do you mean?" min-ho asked back.

the sick midlaner opened his eyes again and stared at min-ho. min-ho felt slightly taken aback by the hostility in sang-hyeok's eyes.

why was he looking at him like that?

min-ho had a bad feeling about this.

"why are you so nice to me?" sang-hyeok asked, a hint of suspicion in his voice. well, what are the chances of your biggest rival, who just beat you in front of the whole world, offering to help you when you're sick? even though you two aren't even friends? sang-hyeok had every reason to question min-ho's motives to suddenly help him.

min-ho gulped. does he know about min-ho crush on him? is that why he looked so hostile? "uh, i..." min-ho couldn't find words to answer. should he just say that he likes sang-hyeok?

but isn't that too early? min-ho began to feel really nervous.

should he confess or...?

sang-hyeok suddenly laughed softly, but it wasn't a friendly laugh. it sounded cynical, sarcastic even. after judging min-ho's reaction, he had jumped to his own conclusions.

"because i look pitiful, huh?" he hissed, hating the feeling of being looked down upon, "is that why? if so, save it, i don't need your sympathy-"

sang-hyeok was silenced when min-ho suddenly pulled him in for a hug. or rather, a sideways hug, since they were sitting side by side on a plane.

sang-hyeok's face immediately started burning. this time, it was obviously because of min-ho and not because of his own sickness.

"w-what are you-" sk telecom t1's midlaner stuttered, feeling embarrassed yet strangely enjoying being in min-ho's embrace.

min-ho ignored the (not so) subtle squeals from his and sang-hyeok's team members, who were sitting behind them.

his own face was burning as well, but he had to say something, right?

"look, sang-hyeok ssi," he insisted, "i'm not pitying you or anything, i'm just..."

he kept quiet for a while, not really knowing what to say.

but when he did continue his statement though, it made sang-hyeok's blush even worse.

"j-just let me take care of you, okay, sang-hyeok ssi?"