chapter 3

John.K - OT

Maya's Pov

I chewed the tip of my pencil as I glared at the teacher. "Excuse me!" I yelled and raised my hand. Mrs Grissel sighed and turned around facing me. She put a blonde lock of hair behind her ear as she glared at me with the icy blue eyes.

This woman has no heart.

"Yes Miss Nieler?" she asked through gritted teeth. I smirked evilly and rested my chin on my hands.

"I don't get it," I told her innocently and batted my eyelashes dramatically. If looks could kill I'd be six feet deep.

"Were you paying attention?" she asked angerly. I thought about for a long hard second before responding.

"Yes," I told her simply and put my pencil down.

"Then whats not to get?" she asked now fuming for interrupting her lesson. My smirk grew wider as I slouched in my chair. I stood my ground for a few seconds before responding.

"How you're married," I simply said. Mrs Grissel gasped while the class burst out laughing. She was speechless for a second before slamming her hand on the desk. Mrs Grissel looked up and glared at me.

And as luck decided to give me a pat on the back, the bell rang. I quickly gathered my books and pencils and stuffed them in my bag. "Maya!" called a voice. I turned around as I slung my bag over my shoulder. 

A girl with brunette hair and pale skin ran towards me. I think her name was Kacy. I don't even know why she was talking to me, this was the second time we had talked this whole school year. Her hazel eyes worriedly gazed at me. 

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Are you okay?" she asked and stopped running. I arched an eyebrow in confusion and held the straps of my bag tighter. 

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. She looked played with her feet, as she held her hands behind her back. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. 

"Yeah, I'm just having a bad day," I told her. She nodded with uncertainty and walked off. 

Once she was out of view, I let out a breath I didn't know that I was holding. What was happening to me?

Why was I being so rude?

------------

Ramon's Pov 

"Lighten up!" Adrien stated. 

"I'm not doing that," I seethed. He threw his hands in the air frantically. 

"Come on!" he complained.

"How did we meet again?" I growled and continued walking towards the car. 

"Well, if I can recall correctly, we met in France. We got in trouble and hid in the same room. That's how we became BFF's!" he exclaimed, sounding like a school-girl and then rolled his eyes. 

I put a hand through my hair and sighed. "Well, I don't recall you being so annoying," I mumbled. He gasped and got in the car. 

"I'm not annoying," he muttered. I rolled my eyes and sat in the car. 

"You keep telling yourself that," I stated. 

"Je te deteste," he told me in French. (AN - I hate you) I rolled my eyes at his stupid remark. 

"El sentimiento es mutuo," I responded in Spanish. (AN - The feeling is mutual) He gave me a scowl and crossed his hands over his chest. 

"You're going," he mumbled. I turned to look at him and glared. 

"I'm not going," I stated. 

"Does it hurt to take a fricken cup of coffee!" he growled. I just shrugged my shoulders. 

"I guess it couldn't hurt," I responded truthfully. 

"Finally!" he exclaimed in relief. He leaned against the chair in front of him and put his hands on the shoulder of the chair. 

"Take us to Kingston coffee shop," he told the driver and smirked. 

-------------

Maya's Pov

I put my apron and put my hair up in a messy bun. "Finally," I giggled as I saw my favourite pastry in the glass covered, like case where we keep the pastries. (AN- I have no idea what that is called)

I quickly ran to thing and grabbed the blueberry cheesecake. I grabbed the bite-size cheesecake and stuffed it into my mouth. "Maya!" exclaimed a voice. I turned around to face the manager and gave her a sheepish smile. 

"I'm going to pay for it," I told her sheepishly. She gave me a scowl and put her hands on her hips. 

"I don't pay you to eat all the pastries. Now, go attend someone!" she scolded and returned to her office. 

The bell to the cafe rang and I turned around.

 A guy with icy blue eyes and black hair walked in. His high cheekbones and foreign like body made me attracted to him. He had a muscular build and his muscles were almost popping out of his clothes and his hight was impressive. He was wearing a black suit with an expensive gold Rolex on his wrist and expensive shoes pointed out he was rich. His aura screamed 'powerful!' His intimidating scowl and sharp features made me feel queasy.  

The man behind him looked the same only he had an accomplished smirk on his face. He winked at some girls who were sitting at the entrance, swooned by their presence. He had ruffled dirty blonde hair and dark chocolate brown eyes. He had the same muscular built but he was a little scrawny. He had a pretty tall hight and had the same things as the other men, but he had a light blue watch and the same shiny shoes. 

"Maya! You're up!" Sam exclaimed as he tried to push me outside of the counter. 

"Can't you do it?" I whispered a bit uneasy. He let out a small laugh and shook his head. 

"Me? But I'm just a simple cook and those guys will surely get your mind off of that cheating roach," he stated and pushed me out of the counter, throwing me my notebook and pen. 

I gulped and gathered all of my strength and walked to the two guys who sat in the far corner, away from everyone. Even though I was an atheist, in my mind I was thinking of 4 words and 4 words only.

 Let God help me!