F I V E

Friday

"You're really thinking of going to their party?" asks Clarisse.

"Yeah. I mean, it's a party. Why not?"

"Because it's at theirs."

"C'mon! We can ignore them. Let's have some fun! Please!"

"I'm in," says Meredith.

"Me too."

"Fine, I'll be there too."

"Perfect!" I clap my hands and smile. They laugh. "We'll pick you up at nine."

I enter the class with Chelsea and Clarisse. We have English, but my dad isn't here. He's still sick.

"Your dad won't show up, will he?" asks Clarisse.

"Nope."

"Still sick," my twin completes me.

The door opens and I look at it. Ethan, Jake, and Nate enter the class and walk in our direction.

"How are you, girls?" asks Jake, while leaning his arm on Nate's shoulder.

"We were just fine, but you had to ruin that." I put the fakest smile on my face.

"Why do you have to be such a bitch?" Nate asks me and I keep smiling.

"Aw, thank you for your compliment," I say with a fake voice, as my palm is on my chest. "It means so much to me."

"Katherine, stop. Please," my twin whispers in my ear.

"But what did I do?"

I see Ethan staring at my twin, and I see her blush.

"What's your problem?" I ask him.

"What?"

"Katherine, let's go," says Clarisse.

"Why do you stare like a psycho at my sister? Are you a stalker?"

"You're crazy, Murray," he laughs.

"Why? 'Cause I'm stating the truth?"

"Kathy, let's go," Chelsea grabs my arm and tries to get me out of here.

"Let me finish. If you keep staring or doing any of your bullshit with Chelsea, I'll cut your balls off."

"What the fuck?" says Ethan, and gets really mad.

"Oh, and tell Grayson that he should stop trying to fuck me."

I leave the class, as Chelsea and Clarisse follow me. I stride to the back of the high school. I stop there, and the girls do the same.

"What the fuck is your problem?" my twin almost screams.

"Excuse me?" I say and unlock my phone. She grabs it. "Hey! Give it back!"

"Not until you give us some explanations." I cross my hands across my chest and stare directly into her eyes.

"Ask me what you didn't understand. I'll explain."

"Why did you say that?"

"Could you be more specific?"

"Why did you start screaming at Ethan for no reason? He wasn't staring at me. And he has never tried anything on me. Because I ignore him."

"If you want me to believe that, you should do it first."

"Unbelievable," she says frustrated and sighs. "And, in the end, why did you say that about Grayson?"