Chapter 9: Backstory Part 2

I awoke to a pitch black room. It didn't seems as we were in the same building as before though. Then I remembered the rest of my friends. "Lula? Katelyn? Jackie? Taylor!? Where are you?!," I screamed out.

"Oi girlie. Shut up!," he slapped me "They can't hear you. Even if they could they wouldn't be able to help you."

"Where am I?" I asked.

"In the galaxy. On the Earth. In a building. IN A ROOM! YOU THINK I'M GOING TO TELL YOU WHERE YOU ARE SO IF YOU ESCAPE YOU CAN HELP YOUR LITTLE BUDDIES?! I DON'T THINK SO! Even if you do escape and find your friends I doubt they will be alive.. ANYWAYS.. This here is the experimenting room." Just as he said that the lights were turned on and I realized I was lying down on a surgical table.

"It smells like blood and a hospital.." I said without noticing.

"You aren't too far off girlie. This is the underground of an abandoned hospital. We took most of the stuff from when they were moving and put it down here."

"I see... What do you plan on doing to me anyways?"

"HMM! I think I'm allowed to tell ya. Mostly on you and another one of your buddies we will be injecting animal DNA in you. Since you're young if might be easier for your system to adjust to it and accept it. We have had some success but they immediately died once they actually showed some kind of progress.. Like a prehensile tail or wings.. You I like you.. You're different."

"Thanks?" "

HAHA This will be painful prepare yourself!!" 'This person must be mental' I sweat dropped. "Have you ever wanted to fly? I think we'll try wings with you." 'Why does he seem so nice? Wings would be ok I guess...' "I'm feeling nice today what color would you like? That's one thing we've figured out."

"Black" 'I'm going to be here for a while.. Why not have a little fun?'

"HAHA I like your attitude kiddo! I'll try to keep YOU alive. Change of plans we'll be working on your eyesight first. You'll also have to stay awake through the whole thing.. So try not to move ok? One wrong move and you can be blinded." 'What's this? He seems.. Sympathetic? It must just be my imagination though..' "Let's begin!"

~Time Skip~

'ugh my eye hurts like hell..What was that ever for? I don't get the point of this... Was the surgery a success? It might be.. I can see way better now.. Are my friends going through this? I miss them.. I hope they are ok.. I don't want to show weakness.. I CAN'T SHOW WEAKNESS.. Might as well get used to my surroundings and plan escape..'

"Ah! You're awake! Good you didn't die! Your friends died though.. Kinda sucks they didn't even last a day." '

What my friends died? No he must be lying.. This is all just a REALLY bad dream'

"Sorry girlie, it's reality... You must be lonely in here yes?"

I nodded my head.

"HAHA Like I said I like you so I'll get you a little friend. That might help with your survival in here for the next 3 years."

'3 years!? OH HELL NO! Wait.. Why only five? Ugh screw this hell hole.. why me?'

"I'll bring him in.. Don't worry I think you'll get along together great.." he left the room.

When he came back in the room there was a boy next to him. He looked around the same age I was 13 years old. "This here is Fukikiyu. I believe he is the same age as you. You two will be experimented on the same way so.. YOU ALREADY HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON! I'll leave you two to get to know each other better then.. Bai~~!" he shoved Fukikiyu in the room and left.