"Hey, where are you?" he asked once I picked up the phone. 

"At the studio. Is Dad freaking out or something?"

"No, he's not home yet. But we are running low on ingredients for dinner tonight, so could you stop by the grocery store and get them, since you're already out?"

"Yeah, no problem. What do we need?"

"I'll text you the list," he said before hanging up.

As I was driving to the grocery store, I slowed when I saw someone vandalizing a car. I crept to a stop and was about to call the police when I saw who it was.

"Reece!" I called as I slammed the door shut. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I shrieked as he swung the bat again, adding another dent to the very, beaten up car.

"This isn't how it looked," he said to himself.

"Reece?" another swing. This time right on the windshield. "Reece!" I said more loudly.

His head turned to me. "Lilah? Hey! What are you doing here?" he slurred.

"Reece, come on," I said as I slowly approached him. "Let me take you home."

He violently shook his head, almost making him stumble to the side. "No! Not home. Mom doesn't know yet," he said quietly.

"What doesn't she know?" I asked.

He lumbered over to me and bent down so that his face was only a few centimeters away from mine. Now that he was so close I could see how red and puffy his eyes were. Had he been crying? "You're so pretty," he said as he stared at me. "Don't you think so?"

"Sure. Now Reece, please just come with me."

"I can't just leave him!" He suddenly screamed, making me jump back in surprise. He shook his head and turned back to the car. He swung the bat high over his head and slammed it down onto the roof of the car.

"Reece stop!" I shouted but he just ignoring me. Swinging at the car again and again. Broken glass was everywhere.

"This isn't how it looked!" he shouted.

"Nobody move!" A voice said behind me.

I slowly turned around to see a police officer standing there, his hand out stretched with the other resting on the butt of his gun. Reece ignored him. He just kept on swinging.

"I said stop!" the police officer roared.

"H-he's under the influence," I spoke up. "Sir."

"You stay right there," he pointed at me. He slowly approached Reece from behind and waited for Reece to lower the bat again so he could grab it. Before Reece even had time to turn around the officer had cuffed his hands behind his back. "Sir, you are under arrest for destruction of property. You have the right to remain silent; anything you say will be held against you," he said as he led Reece to the car.

Oh my gosh, this is actually happening.

"Alright, come on," he said to me once he had Reece in the car.

I could not believe Reece just go arrested. This was just- "Wait, me too?" I asked once I realized what he said.

"Yes, you too. Now do me a favor and grab that bat, and get in the car. Or do I have to cuff you too?" I shook my head quickly. "Good. Now come on."

I did as I was told and got in the back seat with Reece. My mind slipped into panic mode as he started driving off. I never thought I would sit in the back seat of a cop car with a drunk person. But here I am. Oh my gosh I'm going to jail! My dad is going to be SO pissed.