Chapter Twenty-One: Party & Battle Planning

My Grams insisted on taking countless photos of Bella and me in our caps and gowns

     My Grams insisted on taking countless photos of Bella and me in our caps and gowns. She was so enthusiastic, and I couldn't say no to her infectious excitement. We started with some formal shots, but it wasn't long before Bella and I were making goofy faces and striking silly poses, our laughter filling the air. Then we posed for a few with our other friends.

After a while, Grams turned her attention to Edward asking him to join in and take a few photos with us. Edward hesitated for a moment, but with a soft smile from Bella, he reluctantly joined us. We posed together, and I could see that despite his initial reluctance, Edward's fondness for Bella shone through in every shot.

Grams wasn't done yet. She then invited Alice and Jasper to join us for more photos. We took several group shots, capturing the happy moment together. After that, Grams asked for a few pictures of just Alice and Jasper. They posed with genuine smiles, clearly enjoying the occasion. By the end, we had taken a lot of photos, each one a cherished memory of this special day. Once we finished taking photos, I said my goodbyes to everyone, promising to see them later at Alice's party.

My Grams then took me shopping for the day. I got a new dress for the party. It was a girls' day out, and I loved every moment. I had my nails done --- just a pale pink in a stiletto shape, not too long. I also got my hair cut. The outing took almost the entire day, and we returned home just before sunset.

I headed straight to my room with the bags of clothes we had bought and dropped them on my bed before making my way to the bathroom. I peeled off my clothes and stepped into the shower, letting the warm water wash away the day's grime. I lathered shampoo into my hair, then soap over my body, feeling refreshed as the suds rinsed away. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around myself and moved to the sink. The steam from the shower had fogged up the mirror, so I wiped it clean to reveal my reflection. My hair was wet and clinging to my back. I grabbed my toothbrush and began brushing my teeth, enjoying the simple, calming routine.

Once I finished, I stepped out of the bathroom and returned to my bedroom. I dried myself off and began changing into my party dress. I pulled it free from the confines of its bag, it was nothing too fancy, just a nice navy-blue material that felt comfortable and looked elegant. I laid the dress out on the bed, admiring its elegance. The dress itself was knee-length with a fitted bodice, and a full, flared skirt. With thin, straps that hang on the shoulder, and a high neckline. I smiled, imagining how refined I would look once I put it on.

I started on my makeup, opting for subtle, nude tones. After applying a soft eyeshadow, I finished with a pink nude lipstick, enhancing my full lips. Next, I styled my hair, creating soft waves that fell elegantly just above my breasts. After donning a plain black bra and panties, I slipped into the dress, feeling its snug fit accentuate my figure perfectly.

I gazed at my reflection in the floor-length mirror, admiring the beauty that stared back at me. A smile naturally graced my lips as I took in the sight. The final touch was to put on my heels. I walked back over to the bed, spotting the shoebox amidst the other bags. Opening the box, I carefully unwrapped each shoe, savouring the moment. They were the perfect fit, a pair of black high-heeled sandals with ankle straps. I sat on the edge of my bed and carefully slid my feet into each shoe, wrapping the straps around my ankles. With the final pull of the strap and buckling it into the selected hole, I stood up, feeling a few inches taller. I strode across my room to the door and opened it before exiting. I called out to my Grams that I was ready, knowing she'd probably have her camera poised to take some pictures.