“Eve I hope you like stuffed peppers.” Emily smiled at me when I walk into the biggest kitchen I’ve ever set foot in. The cabinets were white and countertops were a brown granite. The floors were a similar color to the countertops.

“Oh, ummm yeah.” I smiled. I honestly never had stuffed peppers so I don’t really know if I like them or not, but I wasn’t going to tell her that. Due to the amount dishes in the sink I could tell they worked really hard on dinner.

“Well dinner is all set up on the dining room table, so let’s go eat.” She smiled. I nodded and followed her into the dining room where Harry and a middle aged man sat.

“Eva this is my husband Isaac, Isaac this is Eva.” She introduced. I smiled shyly at the middle aged man who honestly looked like he was worth a lot of money.

“Nice to meet you.” He smiled at me as he stood up to shake my hand. I shook his hand back before Emily told me to take a seat. I was seated right across from Harry and I was surprised that he smiled at me. I guess he isn’t going to be dick to me at least not in front of his parents. I guess if I ever need a break from his attitude I just have to go near his parents. Good to know!

“So Eva are you happy to be out of school for two weeks?” Mr. Styles asked.

“Yes sir.” I answered polity.

“No need to be so formal.” He smiled at me. I nodded and took a sip of the water in front of me.

“Now I know you just got here, but we have an annual Christmas party at the house. I don’t know if you have any plans for Christmas Eve, but if you don’t we would love for you to attend. I know for a fact that Emily would love to take you shopping for a dress.” Isaac smiled at his wife.

“You know me too well.” Emily smiled at him.

“I don’t have any plans, but I don’t want to intrude. I mean I’m already intruding by staying here.” I rambled.

“Eva you are not intruding.in the least bit. Please don’t think that.”

“We are happy that we are able to help you out.” Isaac added.

“Okay I just don’t want you all to feel like you have to include me in family stuff.” I added shyly. I’m not normally one to be so upfront with what I’m thinking or feeling. So I’m not really sure why I’m saying all of this, but I feel like I need too.

“You’re became part of this family the second you agreed to stay with us.” He smiled. I opened my mouth to say something but Emily cut me off and began rambling about always wanting a daughter, but never having one. I tuned her out and looked up at Harry to see if I could read his face, but he was already looking at me. He rolled his eyes at me before he went back to eating silently. I can’t say I’m surprised. I don’t need/want to be friends with Harry, but it would be nice if he could at least be civil with me when we aren’t around his parents.

Once dinner was done I offered to help clean up but Emily shooed me away, so I quickly made my way to my room (I got turned around and it took me a few minutes to find my room).

“They might look at you as family, but I never will I hope you know that.” Harry walked into my room.

“I’m very much aware of that Harry.” I spat at him.

“Good.” I rolled my eyes as I watched him exit my room. I sighed in frustration as I walked over to my bed and sat on the corner. I wish I could say I’m going to be comfortable here I don’t think I will and that’s all because of Harry.

“Eva? Is everything okay?” Emily asked me. I looked up at her a bit startled.

“Yeah, just thinking.” I responded vaguely.