♕ Chapter 12

Começar do início

~~

           Rose stabbed her fork onto her desserts. Her eyes were looking sharply at Seth, who was sitting at another end of the table. They hadn’t talked yet since last night’s incident. She wanted him to apologise first, before she talked to him. Mr Jameson was standing beside him with his notebook on his hand, scribbling something. He always did that whenever we had our meals. 

         "Er-can I know what you're doing, Mr Jameson?" She asked out of curiosity. "You've been doing that every time we eat." Seth shrugged and looked at her. "Mother instructed him to record our daily meals. She's a little choosy, so she wanted to make sure that we got the best," he answered on Mr Jameson behalf.

         "Seriously?" Rose mouth fell open. She never thought someone would actually do that. "Wow. Nuts." Mr Jameson smiled at her. "Is there anything else you need, your Highness?" He asked them. Seth shook his head. "No, you may leave," he dismissed him. Jameson bowed before walking away from there. Suddenly, Seth's phone rang and he stared at the screen for a moment. 

             Rose looked at him, sharp eyes. Seth glanced at her before answering the phone call. "Hello," he muttered. Rose listened to his conversation and he didn't look comfortable. "I'm home. I'm not sure yet," he continued talking with Rose staring at him. "I'll call you later," he ended it and off his phone.

        "Was it Jessica?" Rose asked, slightly annoyed. "You don't have to hide it from me. Just talk, I don't mind," she said, lowering her voice. Seth frowned. "I'm not hiding it from you. Why should I? I can talk with whomever I want," he smirked. Rose stabbed her fork, hard onto her cheesecake. "Yes, you can. So, why don't you call her now? I'm invisible," she said sarcastically.

           "Then you can call Alex now. I'm invisible too," he smirked. Rose gasped. "Why are you bringing Alex into this?" She said, her heart burning. Seth let out a fake laugh. "Because he's your boyfriend. You don't have to lie to me, I know you like him, don't you?" He sneered. "What are you talking about? He's my friend. At least, he's better than you! At least, he doesn’t treat me like I'm an object!" She said, raising her voice.

       "Really? If I'm that useless then what are you?" He asked, sneering. "Marrying for money," he said in disgust. Rose lost her words. Tears started to fill in her eyes. She hated to admit it, but what he said was true. "You think I don't know that you married me for money? You begged Mr Jameson to help your family; in return you'd marry me. Now, who's the jerk? You or me?" Seth continued.

         Rose stood up to her feet. "What you said is true! I did marry you for money! I'm the whore, I'm the jerk and I'm the type of girl who manipulates men to get money!" She said, tears trailing down her cheeks. "Just stop hurting me! I know that I don't deserve all this, but I have a heart. Do you know how hard it is for me? Do you know, Seth Larston?" She asked, crying.

        Seth was silent. He never thought that Rose would cry. This was the worst feeling ever. He tried to avoid making any eye contact with her, as he hated to see people cry. Rose sobbed and walked her way out of the room. She stopped beside Seth. "You can't judge people like you're the most perfect guy in the world. You don't know anything, because all you do is be a jerk. Have you watched Braveheart? Even Cameron has a heart," she ended her words and flew away from there. 

           Seth stunned. Braveheart? What is that? Mr Jameson rushed into the room after he heard loud voices coming out from it. "Is everything alright, Sire?" He asked. Seth rubbed his nose. "Have you ever heard of Braveheart?" He asked, staring at Rose's empty chair. Mr Jameson raised an eyebrow. "It’s a movie screened about two years ago, Sire. Why'd you ask?" He replied, feeling slightly weird with his question.