Prologue

M A R Y

He disappeared into the crowd of wedding goers. Our wedding goers. Their eyes pierced through me. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t feel anything. The thought that he threw it all away because of a decision that I thought would benefit him, made me sick.

            Diana’s arms immediately wrapped around my shoulders, shooing people in the other direction. We were so close to forever and now it’s gone. I ruined everything. Every bone in my body regretted my decision to invite Niall’s father today. Maybe Niall was right to leave. Who is to say that I wouldn’t betray him again?

            I sighed, finding it hard to breathe. It’s like everything was falling down around me. My good thing left me standing there in a white gown with hundreds of people watching it all unravel. I should have tried harder. I should have explained to him with better words about why I had done it. Maybe he would have understood me then.

            “Mary?”

            I looked up at Diana. Until now I hadn’t realized that I was on the floor in the hallway.

            “Do you want to go home?”

            I shook my head, soon changing my mind and nodded slowly. “Please.”

-

            I was so used to the house having two boys that it the quiet was not natural. It was too quiet in this home now. If it was even a home anymore with them here. I could hear myself thinking, the quiet couldn’t have come at a worse time. I shook my head rapidly, looking through the doorway of our—my bedroom. The drawers have been rummaged through. Since our clothes were just a jumbled, mixed up mess in one dresser, mine were strewn across the room in the process of him packing his things. It wasn’t until that I saw Niall’s favorite coca Cola tee shirt that I kept a little bit of hope. I knew he was going to miss it eventually and maybe want it back. I know he would look for it as soon as he got a lazy day to himself. He would realize it was missing and maybe he would come back for it.

            I laughed at myself, shaking my head. It’s silly to think that he would come back for some old worn out tee shirt that I’ve told him multiple times to replace. Although, it was the only thing I wanted on my body at this moment. It probably still smelt like cheap cologne, and his cigarettes.

            I let the white dress puddle at my feet. I unclipped the strand of pearls and let them fall onto the fabric of the wedding dress at my feet. I tugged the black, Coca Cola logo tee shirt over my head and let it fall into place on my body. 

            I wanted the feeling of his arms around my body again. I wanted the sloppy, wake up, kiss tomorrow morning. I needed to hear his calm, raspy morning voice that soon followed. Asking for just a few more minutes in bed. I wanted those little quiet giggles that escaped his mouth when I played with the hair at the back of his neck.

            I wanted Niall back so bad, and he’s only been gone for three hours.

______________

So, like I posted early. Way earlier than I was thinking, so enjoy! The prologue is kind of short, because it's mostly just tying up Greaser, and starting this book at the same time. (:

P.s I will continue to dedicate chapters to those that comment, and vote and all those lovely things! 

xx -A