Metallic Warriors Sneak Peak

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers who celebrate it! Even though I'm Australian and don't celebrate, I'd just like to say that I'm thankful for any reader who has been waiting for me to update again, you guys are golden. 
Anyway, we're about 2-3 days out from Metallic Warriors Upload Day! All I'm waiting on is cover art, which I've seen sketches for and its amazing.

But I thought that, hey, you guys have waited long enough, you deserve a sneak preview. So here it is!

Sneak Preview; Metallic Warriors, Chapter 1: New York, New York.

I stare up at the gigantic, silver building, the monstrous A hanging off the side, covered in a thin layer of ice, that I had once been a part of. A small red shape flings across the sky, the gold glinting in the sunlight and stinging my eyes in more ways than one. Tony, returning home. From what mission, I couldn't tell you. I'm not even sure I wish I could.

I manage to pull my eyes away long enough to pop into a nearby café and grab coffee – my new home might have been exciting and fresh, with delicacies that could never compare with my past comforts, but that place didn't have coffee. Even though I moved a machine to my room and managed to bring beans home, it never compared to anything I had served in a café.

Coffee newly in hand, the familiar warmth in my belly and bitterness on my tongue I continue my comfort shopping tour of New York. Reece's peanut butter cups were a must, as was any new music which was currently downloading on my phone, silk pyjamas and cotton pyjamas, lingerie, feminine products, new underwear and bras, vodka and tequila. The list went on and on, anything that I might miss I need to bring back – and some new items that I may need, or that Thor might enjoy. Since it's Christmas, I pick up a few presents for friends back home. I quietly chuckle at a memory as I pick up a small reindeer and pop it in my basket as somebody touches my arm gently.

I jerk around, waiting to answer questions; no, I'm sorry, I'm not who you think I am. One of those faces I guess. It's okay, it happens a lot. Have a nice day.

"Noel."
"No-"
"Noel, it's you."