Chapter 11: The Problem and the Christmas Present

...Noel’s Point of View...

Thor and I rode the elevator all the way up to mine, Logan and Loki’s apartment. I didn’t exactly have a plan, but I hoped that Thor would catch Loki before he figured out what was going on and take him away for good.

And then there was the issue of explaining everything to Logan. We hadn’t been very civil toward each other in the first place, and making him live with a super villain probably wasn’t going to be very productive for either of us.

“So,” I said in a low voice. Thor was in jeans and a red tee shirt, but he had his hammer with him, which helped. “I’m thinking I’ll go in and pretend like everything is fine. Odds are, they haven’t seen any of the news yet because Loki doesn’t watch TV unless I’m home and Logan doesn’t come out of his room. So, as soon as I say his name, you just walk in and grab him, okay? I can’t risk him running off and sending the world into disarray again.”

Thor nodded, stoic and silent.

I opened the door to my apartment, Thor stood outside so he wouldn’t be seen.

“Hey guys, I’m home.” I announced. “Are we having Chinese or Thai food for dinner?”

“Thai food,” Luke was sitting at the kitchen bench going through the morning newspaper. Good, so he definitely hadn’t seen the news reports. “Haven’t tried that before.”

“It’s spicy.” I said going to the fridge and grabbing out the jug of apple juice.

“Whoa, what happened to you?” He asked.

“Nothing, Fury sent me out on a mission. Got a little rougher than I expected.” I shrugged it off before gritting my teeth –note to self; don’t shrug when your shoulder has a hole in it.

“Is that...Stark’s shirt?” He looked me up and down sceptically. I looked down at the tank top that was huge for me. I hadn’t noticed it had ‘Stark Industries’ was written across the left side of the chest.

I pursed my lips, “Yeah.”

“So you’re with him again?”

“Nope.” I glared at him. “Besides, my personal life is none of your business, Loki.”

Thor had some magnificent hearing because as soon as I said his name, Thor smacked his hammer through the door, knocking the whole thing off its hinges. Loki was so shocked he slipped out of his human disguise and back into himself. I guess he really didn’t expect me to betray him like this.

“Brother.” Thor grabbed Loki by the neck before he had the chance to run or do that annoying trick when he made a shimmering image of himself and appeared in a completely different place in the room.

“I’m not your brother.” Loki spat through choking noises.

“Any last words for the criminal, Noel?” Thor asked, looking over his shoulder as he got ready to call Heimdall.

I tilted my head to the side and smirked. “I don’t know, I guess... Have fun in prison?”

“Filthy, lying-” Loki started call me names.