19. defend - victor criss

Requested?:
Yes: [✔️] ; by AngelMoore807
No: []

Song?: No

There were a lot of unusual friendships at Derry High School. But if you asked any student (or teacher, for that matter) what the strangest would be, they would always say the same: Victor Criss and the school's newest student, Angel.

Despite the fact that Victor was a part of the notorious Bowers Gang, he stood out on his own with his platinum blond hair and unique sense of fashion, which usually consisted of plain colored shirts and cargo pants with clunky black boots. Angel, on the other hand, was shy and quiet, the only thing drawing any attention to her being her gorgeous hair, which was dyed red. Well, her hair and Victor.

The story of how they became friends was a strange one, but considering the two, anything was strange between them:

Angel walked into her new school, hands gripping the straps of her backpack like life support. She got some raised eyebrows, since she was the new kid and all, but not much attention was drawn to her, which was okay with her.

Looking at her schedule that the kind office lady gave her, she made her way towards her locker. She stood in front of it and slowly turned the code into it, and it popped open easily. Slipping a few books into it, she glanced over to her left as a boy with blond hair next to her pulled open his own locker.

He noticed her staring at him, and turned to look at her. Angel lowered her gaze to the ground, before fumbling around with her backpack. "Hey," he said, kind of monotonously. She gave him a small smile. He almost said something else to her, but he was called away by someone, and shut the locker instead.

The day went by pretty smoothly, despite having to introduce herself shyly to every class. She made a quick stop by her locker, then headed out the front doors to walk home, just as she had walked to school. Her journey was short lived as a light blue mustang slowed to a stop next to her. "Hey, whatcha doing all alone, sugar," a voice called.

Angel glanced over to the car, where four boys sat: one with longer black hair, one with a mullet, one with a crew cut and round face, and the boy she had met by her locker. She didn't answer and continued walking, but she flinched when she heard the car doors opening then closing loudly.

Someone grabbed her shoulder, and she spun around to face the boy with the mullet. "I asked you a damn question," he snarled, gripping her tightly before shoving her roughly. He turned around, and motioned for his friends to surround her. All of them did, except the blond boy who still sat in the car. "Victor! What the fuck are you doing? Get your ass out here and help us with this chick!"

"Bitch," Angel mumbled under her breath, not only at the boy's actions, but his rude words to his friend.

The boy snapped his head toward her. "What did you just say?" he growled. Angel didn't answer, instead looked at the ground. "I said, what did you just say?"

Angel found herself feeling confident, and replied sharply, "I said, you're a bitch." The boy glared at her, while the others looked shocked at her words. She guessed that no one had ever stood up to him before. "You come out here and bother a helpless, defenseless girl who wants nothing but to go home after a long day, and then shit-talk your friend, and threaten me. Sounds like a bitch to me."

The blond boy, still sitting in the car, chuckled, but covered it with a cough. The other two glanced at each other nervously, but the boy with a mullet smirked amusingly. "Shit, remind me not to judge a book by its cover again. You're a fierce little shit, aren't you," he laughed, causing the other two to join in. "You're not so bad, new chick, and that's a lot coming from me after all. Henry Bowers."

"Angel," the girl answered quietly with an unsure look on her face.

Henry motioned to the black-haired boy and the boy with a crew-cut. "That's Patrick and Belch. And that little fuck in the car is Victor. Welcome to the Bowers Gang, new chick."

Angel wasn't like her friends. She never bullied anyone, instead, encouraged them not to hurt the kids at school, though she wasn't very successful. She mostly hung out with Victor, however, since he was the nicest out of them. He had stopped picking on people because of Angel, and eventually, the two rarely were seen with the Bowers Gang. Henry wasn't too bothered by it though, didn't even notice, really.

Truth be told, Victor and Angel both liked each other, more than friends. Angel thought he was cute, as well as a big sweetheart who always helped her out. Victor thought Angel was, well, an angel. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, and he was always happy when she was around.

The two spent loads of time together, just them, mostly at the football field bleachers, where no one ever was, except when there were games of course. "Beat that," Victor smirked, standing upright again. The girl had challenged the boy, saying she could hold a handstand for longer. "Thirty-one seconds."

"Child's play," Angel responded, waving it off with her hand. She stepped down from the bleachers, while Victor climbed up a few rows. She leaned over and stood on her hands, balancing her body up in the air. She held it for a while before her head began to feel hot, but she pushed through, until she finally fell. "How long was that?" she called to Victor.

He sighed. "Forty-six seconds." The girl jumped up into the air with a cheer, before dancing around. Victor shook his head with a laugh, but stopped when a senior football player approached Angel.

"Nice moves," the boy said. Angel thanked him, uncomfortably pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. Angel had learned to be more outgoing to Victor, but to others, she was still very shy, and didn't like talking to people she didn't know well. The football player leaned in. "Nice ass, too." He reached behind her and squeezed her butt roughly.

"Hey!" Victor shouted as he leaped up from his sitting position and placed himself between Angel and the boy. "Don't you touch her like that," he growled lowly. Angel hid herself behind her friend, peeking over his shoulder to watch the scene.

The boy smirked. "Why not?" he asked with a challenging laugh. "Not like you could either. You couldn't fuck her if you wanted to." Victor locked his jaw and glared at him. "Me, on the other hand, I could fuck her like the slut she is and have her screaming my name."

That was it. Victor slammed his fist into the boy's jaw, and it made an awful crunching noise. When he stood back up again, Victor punched him again, in the nose, however. The football player managed to keep his balance and rammed his own fist into Victor's face, in his right eye. Angel gasped, but Victor knocked the boy to the ground and hit him several more times.

The football player scrambled up and ran away, face bloody and holding his jaw. Victor panted heavily, then turned around to Angel, who was shrinking away. He sighed, shoulders dropping. "I'm sorry, Angel. I know I promised I would never hurt anyone anymore, but I couldn't let that bastard touch you like that, and I know you're probably mad at me, but-."

Angel didn't let him finish. She stepped toward him, placing her lips on his. Victor cupped her cheek, kissing her back automatically. She wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him close to her. When they broke away, Victor stared deeply into her eyes. "I'm not mad, Vic," she said, quietly. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me," he answered. "I did what I had to." He gave her a small smile, but winced from the swelling around his eye.

"Oh my God, your eye!" Angel cried, pulling him back to the bleachers. "We should probably get you some ice, or see if the nurse is still here!"

Victor held a finger to her lips. "I'm fine, Angel," he whispered. "It'll just be a black eye. Not the first one I've had either. I'll be okay, don't worry about me."

She sighed, but nodded. "Alright, alright," she replied. She glanced up at him, before smiling. He gave her one in return, then leaned down and connected their lips once more.