2:1

Teyana - 

"Khalil." I said walking out of the bathroom with a towel on my head.

"What's up, baby?" He watched the TV as Kaia layed on his chest, asleep. She is absolutely obsessed with her dad and vice versa. I love seeing Khalil as a father. They are his top priority.

"Did you want me to pick up Jojo and Riah?" I took my hair out of the towel, letting my short black curls fall onto my shoulders. 

"It don't matter, we can go together." He stood up, laying Kaia on the bed. "What time Carter done with pre K today?" 

"1, so in like 30 minutes." I checked my phone.

 He nodded and walked into the bathroom. I laid down and started checking Instagram. This has been life for Khalil and I lately. We spend the days with Kaia while Carter is at preschool and the older kids go to school. Josiah is in the third grade and Sariah, first. Them being at school and Khalil working mostly from home is really beneficial for our relationship. I get to see him all the time, seeing as though now I freelance in our house.  

"Baby, come here." I heard his voice echo off the bathroom walls. I walked in to see him trimming up his beard. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and rested my head on his back.

"Yes?" I mumbled.

"I just wanted to look at you, I felt like I ain' seen you all day." He put the clippers down.

"You just saw me." I chuckled as he turned around, putting me on the counter.

"Yeah but you woke up early, made the kids breakfast, took em to school, went to the store and then got ya lil nails done, then came home and got straight in the shower. I'm just now getting to look at ya good." He licked his lips. "I miss you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his bottom lip.

"I miss you too, honey." He rubbed my thighs, smiling at me.

"We need to get ready to go." He sprayed his curls, with my spray bottle of water and conditioner.

"Excuse me, excuse me!" I took it out of his hands. "You gon have to get your own, between you and these kids, my hair is dry as a bone." 

"You ain't bout to do me like that, all the conditioner and shit you got downstairs." He coiled his hair. 

"That's for clientele only." I said as he took the spray bottle out my hand.

"Yeah, yeah fuck yo clientele." He joked. I started laughing with him.

I continued to sit on the counter and watch him get ready until Kaia walked into the bathroom.

"Mommy, I want some juice." She came in with her hair all over her face, rubbing her eyes. Khalil picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Gon' n put some clothes on and daddy'll do yo hair then get you some juice. We gotta get yo brothers and sister." He put her back down. 

"Okay." She walked into her little room.

I smiled, getting off the counter and walking downstairs to fill her sippy cup after I quickly dressed. I stayed downstairs and started to snack on granola until Khalil and Kaia came down the stairs. He slicked her hair back into a simple bun. I saw Khalil holding her bag on his arms as he carried her down. 

"You ready, mama?" He looked down at me. 

"Yeah."

I grabbed her out of his arms and sat her in the carseat, buckling her in. I put my sunglasses down on my head and sat in the passenger seat. Khalil grabbed my hand and kissed it as he pulled out of the driveway.