#2. HELPFUL HAND

I never found out how I got home, and what really happened in the Atlas buildings. I didn't tell anyone, even my aunt. Something told me, that just saying the name could cost a lot to me, my family and members of the mysterious organization. I didn't try on my own to check who they were. We had enough trouble- me, my aunt and Silvana.

"What's today?" I asked standing in the kitchen, rubbing my hands ready for duty.

Susan sighed, exasperated.

"You ought to relax."

I watched as she crosses her arms and frowns. I bit my lip, trying to bring some sensible arguments, but nothing and nothing came to mind. Today extremely troubled me no inspiration.

"Let her."

I let out the air that I unconsciously hold. I definitely needed to find a vent excess energy, because only in three strides I leapt to Silvana, who had just entered the house and was ten meters away from me. I hugged her with all my strength, happy that she back home safe and sound. I noticed that, as usual, she was dressed impeccably- in a beige shirt with sleeves reaching to the elbows and a green, airy skirt reaching the ground. She had nothing on her feet. She thought that she unnecessarily waste shoes, if she will walk through the slums in this weather. It was 30 degrees.

"Susan, as you don't do it, she slip out. She do it when you will be long after curfew, and you'll be asleep."

She spoke in a calm voice, full of common sense. Meanwhile, I saw nineteen traumatized girl whose hand ware red by working at top speed in Sue's shop, trying to unravel wet, long, rusty brown hair. Probably immediately after the spinning she had to go for a night to her boyfriend, the Indian Prince (as it she called him) and this visit apparently didn't go too well. I think that because of the restless eyes that went to the right and left. I bet, that once again they barely escaped the guards.

 I looked at my aunt hopeful. She rolled her eyes and gave me a list.

"Here. A few herbs, today nothing more, not in the day before Control."

I hugged her as hard as I could and ran upstairs to get dressed up in clothes that will help me a littlle to differentiate among the poor people.

I heard a grunt. I stood in the middle of the stairs and turn out to the sister. Heir dissatisfaction was proved by quite strong grimace. She just shook her head.

"Cape, or not going out."

Acting like a twelve year old, I snorted and somewhat less enthusiastic headed to my room.

*    *   *

  I didn't look extraordinary, at least not by the standards of the local population, because they look at you differently only when you wear expensive clothes. Setting up the strangest clothes, but made ​​from cheap materials is a sign that you are from here and no one has the right to touch you (see: try to harass, rob, assault, beat, or how you want to call it). There are some exceptions: so it was myself and a small percentage of people living in Urbem, because it was how we called this place.

Why I stood out? Depending on the time of year I had white or silver hair and a thick, milk -colored lashes. In addition, gently eyebrows of the same color. In the summet they shone from the sun, and in the winter darkened. My eyes were the color of the sky, such in a sunny day, which recently was rare in last days. Today was an exception- yesterday it was only 18 degrees and raining in the evening. This is the result of what the Earth passed close in the last two hundred years. The amazing thing is that when people commit more and more mistakes, don't think if it does jeopardize the future. And now we suffer for their mistakes.