Mallie rolled her eyes but didn't deny her friends accusation, and sunk her face into the nearest pillow.

"Oh come on," She stroked Mallies back, "Just because he's not your date, it doesn't put asking him for a dance out of the question."

Mallie allowed herself a moment to sigh deeply into the pillow before surfacing again, "You're right."

"Of course, I'm always right."

××××

Night quickly befell the castle, where decorative lights adorned every window pane and doorway of the castle, chasing away the evening darkness from the corridors and it's occupants.

From within her Hufflepuff dorm, Mallie could smell the grand feast that the house elves were cooking in the kitchens just nearby.

"You know, I think by the time you're done, we'll be in seventh year."

Scarlette mused as she patted down her  dress. She wore a ruby red mermaid dress that hugged her stature all the way down and spilt out at her calves.

Scarlette's hair was neatly pinned up at the back, a few golden strands hanging and shaping her face.

Her feet were adorned with strapped black heels, and thick black eyeshadow covered her face in elegant wispy strokes.

"I'm nearly done." Mallie's voice called back from the bathroom where she was no doubt crouched over the basin adjusting her makeup... again.

Scarlette huffed and carefully took a seat at the edge of Mallie's bed, trying not to damage her expensive dress.

She examined the common room, makeup and hair brushes scattered across it.

There was a low ruckus from the bathroom and the door opened wider as Mallie stepped through, her blue gown sweeping the floor as she did.

Mallie made her way past Scarlette, who sighed in aggravated relief, towards the full body mirror and examined her outfit.

The floor length gown was made with a nearly weightless material of deep royal blue with a light transparent lace working its way from her sweetheart neckline until the ends of the long laced sleeves and it swayed with of Mallie's movements.

Her auburn hair was caressed into a half up do with a small bun atop her head and Scarlette had enchanted a thin crown made of yellow vine to sit stable around the bun.

Mallie's glossed lips pursed and her head tilted as her eyes raked up and down the dress again, Scarlette made her way up behind her and adjusted the crown slightly.

"Mal," She said softly, "You're gonna blow him away."

And with that, the two made their way out into the corridors.

Extravagant gowns and dress robes and suits adorned every student they passed on their way to the Hall.

The students increased in numbers the nearer they got to the Great Hall, Mallie and Scarlette even came across Professor Sprout on her way to the bathroom in a large and unflattering sunshine yellow frock.