Epilogue

Third Person P.O.V.

25th December 2021

It's been exactly a year since the night that changed their lives and almost a year since they decided to come clean about their lies and make their fake marriage a real one. Their parents hadn't exactly been pleased about being lied to but they let it go quickly and set about planning a wedding because – as they declared when the two actors protested – it was something to celebrate and they would celebrate in style. So the wedding plans had begun that very same day, the Dhawans deciding to push back the announcement party of their elder son's child to plan the younger's wedding – not that Rohit or Jaanvi seemed to mind very much. Three weeks before the wedding, after Alia's first ultrasound, the two had decided to tell their family of the new addition to the family that they were expecting. For a moment, they had worried about how their family would react but, from the minute they delivered the news, the Dhawans and Bhatts had been nothing but supportive.

Jaanvi had of course been thrilled to find out that both of the Dhawan kids were due within the same month – within a week of each other, in fact – and spent a lot of time with her devrani – as she liked to call the younger girl just to tease her. Often, Shaheen would join the two in shopping for all things baby and the three had quickly developed a brilliant relationship, which rather scared the males of the family.

And speaking of males of the family, the Bhatt family had gained two son-in-laws in the same year, Rohan having to proposed to Shaheen two weeks into the year. On learning that, Alia had decided that she wanted to get married on the same day as her sister and so the wedding had become a double wedding with three sets of parents all trying to coordinate everything between them. The two couples had left almost everything to the parents, slightly scared of getting in the way of the plans and aware that their parents knew what they were doing. Sure enough, the wedding was spectacular. It was held in Mumbai due to the sheer amount of people coming and the impossibility of finding a place anywhere else to host so many, but that made it no less beautiful than a destination wedding.

They'd gone to London on their Honeymoon – more because Alia wanted to shop than because it was a Holiday destination – and had indeed spent most of it going in and out of shops, finding things for their baby and Rohit's as well, and occasionally an item or two for themselves amongst the hundreds of baby clothes and toys that they had to pack in their suitcases – or rather, buy new suitcases for.

By the time they'd returned to India, there was less than five months until they were due to meet their child, which meant Alia was far enough along to find out the gender of the baby – a girl, much to Varun's delight.

Five months later, only seven hours after her cousin brother Ahaan, Ziana Dhawan was born and, from the second he laid eyes on her, she became the centre of her father's world.

Ziana and Ahaan would grow up to be the best of friends, completely inseparable and fiercely protective of one another. They would celebrate their birthday's together even when their parents gave them the option to have individual parties and had a strange connection which the family jokingly called a twinstinct. Even before they were a month old, it was clear that they'd be inseparable and, by the time they were three months old, it was clear that they'd be troublemakers. They were nicknamed the twins because of their shared birthday and strange connection, a nickname that would stick for life. Ziana's parents also called the pair life changers and later on they'd learn the reason behind it – that it was a conversation the two had had after they'd learnt that Rohit and Jaanvi were expecting Ahaan that had led to the events that had created Ziana and changed their lives forever.

They'd also learn that Christmas was a double celebration in the Dhawan household for the same reason – even if it had been New Year's Day when Varun and Alia had finally managed to figure everything out.