CHAPTER 34-The Battle of The Tartan Tower

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Pardon me, but ... but ... could I just ask how ... how are we going to breach their fortifications? We have catapults, but I think they won't be good enough."

"DON'T QUESTION MY DECISION. YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES. OR DO YOU WISH TO GO BACK TO BEING BORNA, THE FOREVER INDEBTED STREET RAT?"

"No, please. Not that. Anything but that. I beg of you. I revere you so much. You made me into who I am now." Borna's voice broke.

Squinty felt a mixture of contempt and pity for him.

STOP YOUR WHINING AND LISTEN. THERE IS AN OBSIDIAN MINE ON THE LEFT OF THE TOWER. TAKE SOME TROOPS THROUGH THERE. THEY WILL FIND A SECRET PASSAGE. DON'T FAIL. THE TARTAN TOWER MUST FALL.

Then everything went silent except for the wails and whimpers of the prostrated creature that was The Leader of Lagad.

"There you are!" a palm slapped Squinty's shoulder.

Odon.

He was fully armoured. Sitting on his huge, black dog, he seemed majestic, in a way. Onyx greeted Squinty with a whimper. 

"Why are you skulking about The Leader's tent?" Odon sounded suspicious.

"I was eating," she replied calmly, motioning the dry meat rack.

"Well, hurry. Wolfgrik has been looking for you all over the encampment. Why aren't you ready and mounted?"

"None of your business," Squinty retorted.

"Fine, I get it. You don't wanna talk." Odon's tone was surprisingly conciliatory. "So ... I guess that's it."

"Yes," was Squinty's curt reply.

"Hey, Squinty." Odon suddenly seemed uncomfortable for some reason. "Good luck. And ... Say good luck to a prissy girl from me, will you?"

Squinty smiled from behind the black wall seeing his cheeks go red.

Well, now we know the mystery behind him removing Orla's uniform back at The Bathhouse.

"Yes," there was another, softer reply before Squinty just vanished from out of Odon's sight, running towards the makeshift dog Kennels.

Grizzly was waiting for her there. His leather armour covered his entire body and the bigger part of his head. The boys-assistants took special care to reinforce his chest and front paws.

 The boys-assistants took special care to reinforce his chest and front paws

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

He enthusiastically licked her face clean.

"He gave you a bath before the battle." A crystal laughter came from her left. Orla was never quite the same after the Light of the execution. She now wore a permanent pained and serious expression.

Squinty mounted up. "I might need one after the battle too," she replied good-naturedly, lining up with her friend to caress Orla's dog, Jewel.

The black and white hound was more restless than usual, snorting and huffing, impatiently trying to remove his armour but without success.

The Prophecy of Water | ✔️ 🎖 [2018 Wattys Shortlister]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें