Chapter Eight

Just about all of the others had made it into the living room; we were just waiting for Alasdair and Nalani. I was quiet and majorly upset because I hadn't even been allowed to try to help Camden, though I was trying to hide it. Niall and Seoras had taken him and locked him up somewhere I had never ventured, or even been allowed to venture, before.

 "So," Kian said, dragging the word out, and attempting to break the silence. "When are we gonna talk about this? This silence is nearly deafening," he muttered the last part.

 "And what exactly is there to talk about?" Seoras asked, glaring only slightly at him.

 Kian returned the glare. "Oh, there's plenty to talk about, Seoras. How about we start with what in the hell is going on with Aurnia and that new Angel, Echo?"

 I shook myself from depressing thoughts as his revelation. Maybe they were actually going to clue me in on something for once, even if it was unintentional. "And what is there to say about that?" Niall said. "We know basically nothing about her."

 Kian ignored him, continuing, "and what about the other two that were supposed to have fallen with her or around the time she had fallen? What about them? Did she just leave them in Hell? If she did, she's one hell of a bitch."

 When the words left his mouth I felt the anger rushing through me like a bonfire, roaring and angry. But, very unlike me, I decided to keep my mouth shut. Not getting myself in any more trouble would probably be the best thing to do. But Kian glanced at me, as if expecting some kind of outburst.

 When I didn't say anything, Kian shrugged and turned his full attention back to the, basically, one-sided conversation, or argument, whichever way you wanted to look at it. "Plus, she took all of us down without a problem. How is that safe? How can we allow her to be around us, let alone be around humans, Aurnia and Jethro included?"

 When he said that the fire that was taking over my mind roared even fiercer and angrier and I could feel my hands begin to shake as I struggled to contain it. I could now feel eyes beginning to turn to me as they sensed my fury at what Kian was saying. I felt a comforting hand on my knee, but I shook it off; it was more irritating than anything.

 "Aurnia. . .?" Jethro said questioningly. "What's wrong?"

 I forced myself to turn to him, though I could feel my face heating up in my annoyance. "Kian. He's. . .being a major jackass right now," I said through my teeth, trying not to go completely insane and make an attempt on his life.

 I could almost hear Kian roll his eyes at me as I fought against the urges to kill him and I turned my gaze to him, digging my nails into my knees. "Oh, and how exactly am I being a jackass, Aurnia? I didn't say anything about you." He shrugged, nodding his head to the side briefly. "Okay, I did mention you and Jethro, but that's not the point."

 I just glared at him, where he sat on the couch across the room, next to Seoras and Valor. Jethro and Naois sat on either side of me. The other two, not including the ones currently not in the room lounged on the floor-Jakori-or leaned against a wall-Niall.

 "If you're just gonna stare at me, you might as well enjoy the view," Kian said as he leaned back, stretching his arms up over his head.

 I started forward, ready to go kick Kian in the face, not caring about the consequences, no matter how high the price would be. Jethro's grip on my arm somehow helped to clear my head and I managed to-just barely, mind you-hold myself back.

 I glanced at Jethro and nodded, barely perceptible. Jethro sent me a sympathetic smiled and I forced myself to inhale deeply several times in a pathetic attempt to calm myself. I knew how hard it was for Jethro to hold me back, because he hated Kian a hell of a lot more than most, though it did make sense. I mean, he was my brother, after all.