Chapter 34: Just Fix It!

Start from the beginning

"YES YOU DO!" Angie shoved him out of the room and shut the door.

"I'm just so emotional," Eliza sniffed. "Like, in less than 24 hours, I'm getting married!"

"Not exactly, but okay," Maria patted her back gently.

"Okay, so we finished everything on the list!" Peggy cheered.

Angelica collapsed on her bed. "Finally. I don't think I can do this a second time."

"So, why don't we talk? Peggy, you first. What's up with you and Lafayette?" Eliza poked her little sister's cheek. "Tell uuuuusssssss!"

Peggy's cheeks grew warm. "Well, I kinda asked him out? On a friend's date?"

Angelica looked at her sister. "A friend's date?"

"Well, he didn't say no!" Peggy hid her face in a pillow. "I don't know, I've never done this before!"

"You're even worse than Angie!" Eliza laughed as Angelica slapped her with a pillow.

"Hey! I asked that one guy out!"

"Yeah, and then you stood him up because 'you didn't feel like going.'"

"At least I didn't almost marry a Russian spy."

Maria gawked at Eliza. "A Russian spy?"

"One time!"

"I feel like if it happened more than once, Eliza would be dead or in prison."

"Okay, okay what about you Mar?"

"What about me?" Maria looked sheepishly to the side.

"Well, you and Herc are actually perfect." Eliza reasoned.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree," Angelica nodded.

"Like, he'd do anything for you!" Peggy said.

"Remember that time he made you that red dress for the dance?" Angelica added.

"That was a friendly gesture, nothing more!" Maria defended.

"Or that time he embroidered that purse for his final semester project and it had you on it?" Peggy grinned.

"Look, he hates me for what I said to him! I broke his heart, and I can't do that again!" Maria remained guarded.

"Maybe you just needed to talk about it," Angelica reflected. "We could save ourselves a lot of heartbreak if we could reason with each other. Or maybe we just needed to communicate."

"I'm betting you twenty dollars she's talking about John." Eliza whispered to Peggy. Angelica threw a pillow at her sisters.

"I'll try that I guess." Maria looked more confident.

"But you guys, we all have to agree that Johnny and Angie are and will always be the cutest ship!" Eliza declared.

Peggy and Maria nodded their agreement as Angie reddened.

"Take your own advice, Ange. Go talk to him!" Eliza pushed her sister out the door. "Maybe he'll finally ask you out!"

"Good luck!" Peggy called out before Eliza closed the door.

"You do realize that this is my dorm too, right?!" Angelica pounded futilely at the door.

"I bet you twenty bucks they're gonna kiss!" Eliza smiled.

oOo

John's POV

Well, that was kind of rude.