Chapter twelve

-flashback-

The child was sleeping soundly, the drugs that had been given to her clearly had taken effect.

The hospital bed she was lying in practically swallowed her almost skeletal frame.

The dirtiness of her skin stood out in steep contrast to the sterile white room she was in.

The only noise was the low beeping of the heart monitor she was hooked up to.

Just outside the peacefulness of the hospital room two men waited side by side.

From inside the room the girl begins to wake, her breathing becoming labored.

The two men enter the room.

The man with golden hair sits at her bedside and clasps her hand between his while the man with hair as dark as the scowl on his face leaned against the wall by the door facing the bed.

The girl looks up at the golden haired man with something akin to worship, remembering how it was him who saved her.

The dark haired man's scowl deepened, his grey eyes inspecting the girl that had turned his brother into a child wanting to play house.

After talking with the girl for a few minutes about how she was feeling and if she was hungry or thirsty or anything else like that, the golden haired man turned to the dark haired man and motioned him forward.

"Sorrow, I'd like you to meet my Brother and Beta of Bloodshear pack, Xavier".

The girl smiled shyly up at the dark haired man.

She was afraid of him at first, but because her angel, her David, had said that she could trust him, she trusted him. The dark haired man smiled back at her, his eyes cold and calculating.